Connection/bandwidth issues to Europe?

mike3996

Mu-43 Veteran
Recently, maybe the last 7 days or so I've noticed how the image threads are not loading correctly to their fullest. As this can occur when there are issues with the Atlantic pipelines between North America and Europe, I checked other US-hosted sites, none other affected. They work well. Has something happened hosting wise?

Amin Sabet

Administrator
Actually, I just figured out the problem. The CDN is only working for the non-subscriber group. The OP stating that this started about a week ago was the blue that I needed. That's when I changed the EXIF addon to show a message to non-subscribers. Somehow that change is interfering with the CDN.

I will revert the EXIF addon change until it can be fixed.

I am unable to revert the addon but will try to get this fixed asap!

Last edited:

mike3996

Mu-43 Veteran
Actually, I just figured out the problem. The CDN is only working for the non-subscriber group. The OP stating that this started about a week ago was the blue that I needed. That's when I changed the EXIF addon to show a message to non-subscribers. Somehow that change is interfering with the CDN.

I will revert the EXIF addon change until it can be fixed.

I am unable to revert the addon but will try to get this fixed asap!
Then again, what better perk than to get access to fast speed conversations :D

Amin Sabet

Administrator
I temporarily set all usergroups to be allowed to see EXIF. This should fix the speed problem until I can get the addon working properly. Are you seeing the images faster now, @mike3996 ?

mike3996

Mu-43 Veteran
I temporarily set all usergroups to be allowed to see EXIF. This should fix the speed problem until I can get the addon working properly. Are you seeing the images faster now, @mike3996 ?
I quickly checked some image threads, especially those I haven't previously seen to avoid hitting caches -- everything loads very well now.

On a second note: I've just about had it! Your fantastic attitude, helpfulness and quick willingness to start troubleshooting this issue on a Sunday morning just about does it. I have no other choice than to sub for a year to show my appreciation :bravo-009:

Real Name
Steve
Yep, it worked for me, the last pic posted in a thread I hadn't opened came up immediately. Previously it jumped about on the penultimate page and the pics were scrolling up and down at speed until they settled.

Thank you Amin :)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom