Congratulations to the winner of our Mar 2010 Lightzone Contest!

Discussion in 'Contests and Challenges' started by Brian Mosley, Apr 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Hello everyone,

thanks to all those who contributed to our March Lightzone contest last month, making it such a success... I really enjoyed seeing how many excellent renditions of such a simple scene could be made.

Congratulations to alessandro, who received the most votes for this rendition :

Since alessandro is already a reigning champion (having won our Feb contest) - the prize this month goes to Pen for this excellent rendition :

I will contact Light Crafts, to organise a full and free license for Lightzone to Pen.

I hope you will join us in our Lightzone contest for April.

Kind Regards

2. Pen

Pen New to Mu-43

Mar 18, 2010
    San Francisco
    It's me Pen!

Just want to thank Brian and all of the family for the opportunity to win Lightzone...

Special thanks to friend and partner Greg Mandavar for convincing me and helping me
    to download and use the Lightzone software and enter the contest.

I urge everyone to try out Lightzone, it's easy,fun, and useful for all your photo needs.

Thank you
  3. marceloanelli

marceloanelli Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 9, 2010
    Caracas, Venezuela
    Congratulations to Alessandro & Pen!!
  4. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Congrats Alessandro and Pen!

Also, thanks again to Brian for making this Lightzone contest happen :2thumbs:.

One of the nice things about winning this contest is that the winner can keep participating in the contest. The rest of us have to either buy Lightzone or find a new computer on which to install the trial each month :smile:.
  5. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Thanks Amin, if you're on the edge about Lightzone and would like an extension to your trial to take part in the contest, I'm sure that Lightcrafts will be amenable... Just drop them an e-mail.

To be honest, it's ridiculously cheap to buy right now anyhow. This contest is really as much about sharing approaches and interesting renditions as winning the prize.

Thanks Amin, for allowing us to host the competition here for m4/3rds members.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    It is a great value, the least expensive I know of amongst recommendable RAW converters, with C1 and Raw Developer coming in about 30% higher, and Aperture twice the cost. I wish Adobe would get their prices in line.
  7. kai.e.g.

kai.e.g. Mu-43 Regular

I'm late to the party to congratulate the winner(s). I like the winning rendition. This gate remains propped up on this tree, and I only just mowed around it last weekend as spring weeds have grown rampant.

FYI, the gate is at least 70 years old. It was the original gate onto our land, but unfortunately had to be removed when our house was built as the trucks couldn't pass through the gap. It's too old to re-mount, but it (and it's other half) will be around with us for as long as I am ;-)
  8. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.