Congratulations to the winner of our Feb 2010 Lightzone Contest!

Discussion in 'Contests and Challenges' started by Brian Mosley, Mar 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Hello everyone,

thanks to all those who contributed to our first Lightzone contest, making it such a success... I really enjoyed seeing how many excellent renditions of such a simple scene could be made.

Congratulations to alessandro, who received the most votes for this rendition :

I will contact Light Crafts, to organise a full and free license for Lightzone to alessandro.

I hope you will join us in our Lightzone contest for March.

Kind Regards

2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

:clap2: Alesandro!
  3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Congrats alessandro! Terrific use of Lightzone to come up with this image. :bravo-009:

Thanks again to Brian for making this happen. I know it isn't easy to get something like this going!
  4. pete

pete Mu-43 Regular

Feb 26, 2010
    Phoenix, Az
    "cool, next time I'll only have to pay 4 people for votes".....sorry, couldnt resist. Hardy congratulations Alessandro, well seen.

5. texascbx

texascbx Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 30, 2009
    Congrats to Alesandro! good work.:biggrin:
  6. Bullfrog

Bullfrog Mu-43 Top Veteran

Excellent work. Congratulations Alessandro!

7. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    I have to add that the initial subject matter was , uhhh shall I say, not very inspiring.
    I am delighted in the versions everyone made. Some very good eyes/minds around here.

Maybe Alessandro won the contest but your all winners in my book....
  8. alessandro

alessandro Mu-43 Regular

Jan 29, 2010
    Agreed! March subject is more inspiring, but nonetheless prone to tricky developments (not my usual genre). After the initial SW-trickery enthusiasm, perhaps we'll have a more "normal" approach in the future; keep in mind that choosing among very subtle differences can be difficult, so the first implulse, being a contest, is to surprise...
    Now, the point is that lightzone hides very sophisticated treatment tools under an easy interface, which I'm happy to have started discovering (cause I'm just curious). This is the good face of promotion.
    What? Bezier curves, but where are the handles? Back to work... :wink:
  9. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Thanks Don, alessandro, believe it or not, the source images for these contests are chosen very carefully :biggrin:

The February image was chosen to encourage the exploration of crop and rotate as well as creative colour, B&W effects and levels adjustment.

We had a wide range of tools demonstrated there - I certainly learned some new tricks!

10. marceloanelli

marceloanelli Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 9, 2010
    Caracas, Venezuela
    Bravo Alessandro, :2thumbs:

mi tiri su il morale dopo aver visto il Milan...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.