Confusion over Flashpoint (Godox) Trigger Pricing

exakta

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Adorama now shows four types of Flashpoint R2 triggers.

--Flashpoint R2 Pro 2.4GHz Transmitter (XPro-O) $69

--Flashpoint R2 Pro MarkII 2.4GHz Transmitter $49 ($69 - $20 rebate)

--Flashpoint R2 TTL Transmitter $46

--Flashpoint R2 Mark II TTL Transmitter $59

Seems to me that the R2 Pro MkII is the no-brainer...what am I missing here?

Another head scratcher is that the Li-On version of the R2 Mini TTL (TT350) at $79 ($80 rebate!!!) is now cheaper than the AA version at $85...and includes a free spare battery and charger! The "open box" AA versions are still the cheapest at $59.

Since I already own one AA R2 Mini TTL, I could pick up another "open box" unit and the Pro MkII trigger for $108 which seems like a really good deal for amateur/hobbyist use. I own an FL360L which works OK in RC mode, but it would cost me far more to buy a second one than switching over to the Godox system.

I'd appreciate comments from Godox users, especially why I might not want the Pro mkII transmitter.

Repp

Mu-43 All-Pro
I have both of the original triggers and am waiting for my mk2 to arrive next week. For me I didn’t see a reason to upgrade the “pro” to the mk2, however the regular trigger gains ttl pass through and better adjustability. Also if given the choice, ditch the AA strobes for the Li-ion ones, best ocf decision I’ve made to date.

exakta

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Repp,

Could you give any reasons (other than the pass through shoe) why to choose the Std mk2 trigger over the Pro mk2 trigger?

Mack

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I have both the XT and the R2 transmitters for the Nikons and Olympus. The one that seems best for me is the flat-top X model with the pass-through being that I can put a Dot-Sight LED finder in its shoe to use HSS with the Godox flashes and track them with the Dot Sight EE-1 sitting in the XT pass-through shoe. Being flat it also stores easier on the camera than the taller one. It is faster to set the output on a bank of flashes with the tilt-up models though, and the tightening nut to the shoe is easier to access on the tilt-up too.

As to the battery thing, I have a table of no less than 31 chargers on it - opps! make that 32 now with the Godox AD600 TTL Pro flash. This special charger for everything is getting to be too much and a tangle of wires. I have old strobes from the 70's that still operate using AA batteries which would be junk now with a special-fit rechareable. Even my rechargable Craftsman battery tools have died and their battery is hard to find, and almost $100 if I do find one. I sort of worry about the Godox AD600 flash as some report the Li-On battery dying at 3 months out and it's ~$180 to replace. My DJI Inspire 2 drone is another Li-On mess at $300 for the battery pair that is warrantied for 6 months, and some do not work new out of the box.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom