Conflict Minerals

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by ccunningham, Aug 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ccunningham

ccunningham Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 23, 2010
  2. Uwharrie

Uwharrie Mu-43 Veteran

May 10, 2012
    North Carolina
    Lynne Ezzell
    Interesting. I knew about conflict diamonds but until now never heard of conflict minerals. Hopefully these companies will become more aware

• Like Like x 1
  3. greenarcher02

greenarcher02 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 13, 2012
    Manila, Philippines
    Jeez... I always see Nintendo at the bottom of these kinds of lists.

*looks sadly at 3DS*

Good to see Panasonic up there, along with most big cellphone, appliance and laptop manufacturers, but there's no data for Olympus? I've always had the impression that along with gaming companies (*ehem* Nintendo *ehem*), camera companies fare worse in conflict materials awareness. And that the only reason Sony is up there is because of their TV's and other appliances. Just look at CaNikon. I can't imagine Olympus being up there with HP. Or maybe that's just me.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ccunningham

ccunningham Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 23, 2010
    Yeh, I don't know why no Olympus data was listed. Frankly I was a bit surprised to see where some of the companies were rated. I didn't expect Panasonic to land where it did.
    I also was surprised to see Nintendo at the bottom end, and I was surprised that Nikon (my turn to look sadly at my D90, D300 and bunch of lenses) and Canon weren't higher up.

But at least I don't have to feel bad about the GX-1 I just got. Well, not for this reason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.