Configuring the EM5

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by nueces snapper, Feb 28, 2012.

1. nueces snapper

nueces snapper Mu-43 All-Pro

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    [​IMG]
    That's pretty close to how I would set it up, except I don't understand why he has Manual Focus Mode as a button when he's using back-button AF (mapped to Fn1). There is no point to an MF switch when you have back-button AF... just don't turn off MF, and use it whenever you please. With the AF button separated, you'll never have conflict.

Instead, I would map the Rec button to ISO so I have control of Aperture/Shutter/ISO all at my fingertips without moving from shooting position.

3. mister_roboto

mister_roboto Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 14, 2011
    Seattle, WA, USA
    Dennis
    Oh man... function buttons I can use :wink:

4. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    hrm, interesting that he complains about the Fn1/Playback position. How he has it in the pic is what I like (or I think I would given i prefer back button-AF). But he wants to swap it? wouldn't that make it easy to hit playback by accident?

Also, isn't it swapped in some of the very early e-m5 promos? This I thought was the final swap, heh.

5. nueces snapper

He also mentions that production units will have some different (larger) buttons. ???? Anybody else hear of this? :smile:

6. nueces snapper

ey? :confused: 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.