1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Configure EP-2 display to only show exposure info?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by trisberg, Dec 22, 2010.

1. trisberg

trisberg Mu-43 Regular

Apr 14, 2009
    Hi,

Is there a way to configure the E-P2 to only show the exposure info (shutterspeed, f-stop, ISO)? So far I can get it to show nothing or all the exposure info with all the rest of the settings cluttering the sides of the display.

Same thing for the review - any way to get it to show the shutterspeed/f-stop without using the view with the histograms?

It just seems to me that Olympus picked the wrong info/too much info to show by default.

-Thomas

2. bpalme

bpalme Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 9, 2010
    hmmm not sure exactly what you mean..but have you tried pressing the info button repeatedly?

3. bigkidneys

bigkidneys Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 20, 2010
    Pensacola, florida
    Nope, those are the default info screens and like you mention, don't put what you really need on the display. The one screen that has all the info you want is imbedded with histograms so seeing if the picture is good is impossible unless you switch to another screen. This is my only complaint about the EP2. My GF1 is perfect in that respect, just no IBIS which sucks.

4. Pelao

Pelao Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 3, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Yes, I feel the same. The GF1 is configurable in this way and I can even position the histogram where I want it on the screen. Annoying.

5. jakk

jakk Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 9, 2011
    Bkk
    How to make the review screen to not showing any info? (On E-P1)

I tried pressing the info button but it's switching between info+pic and histogram screen.

6. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    there's quite a few display settings available from the menu>settings D>info settings. You can turn the available displays on or off there. See if you can find on you like better. I usual have the nothing display, the levels and the basic settings display only, available.

Gordon

7. jakk

jakk Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 9, 2011
    Bkk

Got it! Thanks a lot.