Configure EP-2 display to only show exposure info?

trisberg

Mu-43 Regular
Hi,

Is there a way to configure the E-P2 to only show the exposure info (shutterspeed, f-stop, ISO)? So far I can get it to show nothing or all the exposure info with all the rest of the settings cluttering the sides of the display.

Same thing for the review - any way to get it to show the shutterspeed/f-stop without using the view with the histograms?

It just seems to me that Olympus picked the wrong info/too much info to show by default.

-Thomas

bpalme

Mu-43 Rookie
hmmm not sure exactly what you mean..but have you tried pressing the info button repeatedly?

bigkidneys

Mu-43 Regular
Nope, those are the default info screens and like you mention, don't put what you really need on the display. The one screen that has all the info you want is imbedded with histograms so seeing if the picture is good is impossible unless you switch to another screen. This is my only complaint about the EP2. My GF1 is perfect in that respect, just no IBIS which sucks.

Pelao

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Nope, those are the default info screens and like you mention, don't put what you really need on the display. The one screen that has all the info you want is imbedded with histograms so seeing if the picture is good is impossible unless you switch to another screen. This is my only complaint about the EP2. My GF1 is perfect in that respect, just no IBIS which sucks.
Yes, I feel the same. The GF1 is configurable in this way and I can even position the histogram where I want it on the screen. Annoying.

jakk

Mu-43 Rookie
How to make the review screen to not showing any info? (On E-P1)

I tried pressing the info button but it's switching between info+pic and histogram screen.

flash

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Gordon
there's quite a few display settings available from the menu>settings D>info settings. You can turn the available displays on or off there. See if you can find on you like better. I usual have the nothing display, the levels and the basic settings display only, available.

Gordon

jakk

Mu-43 Rookie
there's quite a few display settings available from the menu>settings D>info settings. You can turn the available displays on or off there. See if you can find on you like better. I usual have the nothing display, the levels and the basic settings display only, available.

Gordon

Got it! Thanks a lot.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom