Concert and Stage Photos with E-P1 and Vintage Glass

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by penfan2010, Nov 30, 2010.

1. penfan2010

penfan2010 Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 12, 2010
    NJ, USA
    Had fun this evening taking photos of the Wandering Bards, an NJ band (lead guitarist is the music teacher of my two boys). They performed at a local community center and I thought I'd give my E-P1, 90mm Leitz Elmar, and Pen F 38mm another workout. Focusing manually using the LCD is still a challenge because I can't crane my neck back enough so I look through the reading part of my bifocals. At any rate, it was fun, and I do love the image quality of the E-P1 even at 1600~2000 ISO (which I needed given the max aperture of F3.5 on the Elmar).
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [/url]

And here's an image I posted in another thread, one of the first photos I took with the E-P1 and 90mm Elmar --Violetta in a local production of La Traviatta a month ago.

2. Vivalo

Vivalo Olympus Loser

Nov 16, 2010
    Thanks for sharing. The 1st and the 5th are my favourites. I think that the ISO noise just brings a "hazy blues bar, late night" feeling to those shots. I would also try to convert those pictures to black & white.
  3. penfan2010

penfan2010 Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 12, 2010
    NJ, USA

Vivalo thanks for your comments. I think the idea to convert to B&W is a good one.