Showcase Computar 75mm f/1.4 CCTV

RDM

Mu-43 All-Pro
I recently joined a cool facebook group for those interested in C-mounts on m43:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cmountm43/

People post all sorts of weird and wonderful c-mount lenses there everyday, some fetch a pretty penny.

I am not on Facebook and will never give them my info, so I unfortunately can not see that group, unless they start letting people who do not have a Facebook member page access and join their groups, like yahoo does.

D

Deleted member 16340

I am not on facebook and will never give them my info, so I unfortunately can not see that group, unless they start letting Facebook people access and join their groups, like yahoo does.

That's a pity. I find it to be a great resource - it's introduced me to c-mount goodness I never even knew existed.

RDM

Mu-43 All-Pro
That's a pity. I find it to be a great resource - it's introduced me to c-mount goodness I never even knew existed.

Well I don't think it is, but its sweet that you care :). I find that this site exposes me to c-mount goodness and if there is anything missing i can always use google.

D

Deleted member 16340

I seem to detect some snark in your comment, which is fine, but maybe unwarranted? To be honest, I was just being enthusiastic about the group - and you are completely entitled to your opinion about facebook and their privacy issues. I wasn't poking at you with the 'pity' comment.

RDM

Mu-43 All-Pro
No snark; I really did think it was nice that you gave me some pity for not having an account, and letting you know it was unnecessary.
Contrary to what most people can understand, genuine pity can not be given if there is no concern.
Unless I was wrong about that, in which case it was not sweet of you to pity me for not being on that site..
Upon reading it all again I don't see how my last response could be snaky, unless your initial response of pity was disingenuous.
I was just giving my fellow member the benefit of the doubt; I guess not everyone usually does that.

D

Deleted member 16340

Oops! I'm sorry then - I read into your comment something that wasn't there. My humble apologies. Internet can be difficult sometimes (no snark intended) ;)

orfeo

Mu-43 Top Veteran
There is a cosmicar 75mm f1.4 that is pretty similar optically ie pretty sharp... I have the cosmicar 75mm f1.9 that is thinner and way lighter that is an older lens and it has a wonderful swirly bokeh and minor corner light fall off.

Yep: Cosmicar 75mm f1.3 is the same lens. Pretty sharp in the center and blurry in the corners but no vignetting like it's smaller brother f1.9. Also bokeh looks modern and not swirly.

gnarlydog australia

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Damiano Visocnik
I am not on Facebook and will never give them my info, so I unfortunately can not see that group, unless they start letting people who do not have a Facebook member page access and join their groups, like yahoo does.
I am not a fan of FarceBook but there is some info that I wanted to access so a created a fake account with totally bogus minimal info. I never post there and there is little to no data that FB can collect or use anyway. Of course the email I used to register is also not active.
Every so often I look at FB vintage lens group and now I am joining (pending approval) this C-mount group

Patrick Donnelly

New to Mu-43
I have the exact same lens and I also have one of the very 1st C-mount adapters produced, I purchased it online back in 2010 when I found out that I could use my C mount lenses with one..
After seeing your alignment problem I do not feel so bad about mine. The Focus Line mark on my copy, is at about the 2:00 position, when looking at the front of the lens mounted on a camera. I was bothered by this but not so much after seeing your post.. I see now it could be worse. . . lol
Also i was worried about flair too , but I have pit on it, a classic Vivitar VMC (Vivitar Multi Coated) Skylight Filter. I have not noticed any flair on my photos yet.

Holey crap! I happen to have two of these lenses.
DO you think I could sell one for $135.? Are they really in demand?

Hope you dont mind me fielding this question, but Oh yea @Crdome. Fully covered no darkening at all . It should even fully cover a an APS-C sensor like NEX.
I bet it would even cover the 'Full Frame' sensor NEX mount camera too. I have seen some other 75mm c-mount lenses converted to be used on Leica ranger finder cameras, that use type 135 film, too and they fully cover.
Yes, these 75mm 1.3 and 1.4 Cosmicar/Pentax/Ricoh and the Computar/DOI lines of lenses both cover NEX. Price has not increased. There is also the older different design 75mm from Cosmicar, in black or silver, that is larger again and tulip shaped. When making them, Asahi designers added converters, 2x 3x or 0.5x to the 25mm or 1 inch design. These converters were incorporated into the barrels, until the more modern design of the OP. Terrific lenses.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom