Comprehensive List of Native Micro Four Thirds Lenses

dhazeghi

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Dara
Sorry, after an extended hiatus, I've updated the listings again. I'm going to need to think a bit about what makes sense for the manual-focus m4/3 category as the numbers are becoming a bit overwhelming and there are an increasing number of 'toy' and 'cinema' lenses which probably aren't of general interest.

tkbslc

Mu-43 Legend
Sorry, after an extended hiatus, I've updated the listings again. I'm going to need to think a bit about what makes sense for the manual-focus m4/3 category as the numbers are becoming a bit overwhelming and there are an increasing number of 'toy' and 'cinema' lenses which probably aren't of general interest.

I think there are some Chinese lenses that are good enough to be considered mainstream and could be added. Specifically, those from 7Artisans and the Kamlan 50mm f1.1

Paul C

Mu-43 Veteran
Yi 45mm f1.8 AF Micro 4/3

Another lens to include

With the recent price fall on web-selling sites to GBP £72 with postage - the Yi 42.5mm F1.8 now becomes a price concious option against the Panasonic or Olympus 42.5mm F1.7. UK Amazon price for the Panasonic H-HS043E-K Lumix G Lens - Black (42.5 mm Focal Length, F1.7 Aperture is GBP 299- more than 4 times as much

It has AF but no OIS - has a native M4/3 mount that is plastic.

Danny Boyd reviewed it very favourably on a GX85 body against the Olympus.
Yi 42.5mm AF 2.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Yi 42.5mm AF  3.jpg

Yi 42.5mm AF 1.jpg

Has anyone on the Forum had a try themselves? At 1/4 the cost - is it 1/4 the quality - or is it "good enough" to make the list for our camera bags?

Best wishes - Paul

DeeJayK

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Keith
Since it seems that DH's site is offline (and apparently has been for several months) as was wrotniak's site when I checked this weekend (looks to be back up today), I took the liberty of compiling the information in these sources into a Google Sheet. I created this spreadsheet as much for my own use as anything, but I figured I'd share it in case any of you might find it useful.

Micro 4/3 Native Lenses

- K

DeeJayK

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Keith
Since it seems that DH's site is offline (and apparently has been for several months) as was wrotniak's site when I checked this weekend (looks to be back up today), I took the liberty of compiling the information in these sources into a Google Sheet. I created this spreadsheet as much for my own use as anything, but I figured I'd share it in case any of you might find it useful.

Micro 4/3 Native Lenses

- K
I've been adding some of the newer lenses to this spreadsheet. I've also been adding more detail. While it remains very much a work in progress, I think that it's likely as comprehensive a list as anything else available online. As of this moment 167 native lenses are included.

Feel free to let me know if you see any gaps or have any feedback.

- K

Last edited:

DeeJayK

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Keith
Man, I knew there were lots of m43 lenses out there, but I had no idea just how many options we had until I tried to list them all.

I think now that I've got all of the low hanging fruit, i.e. all of the lenses listed by the major retailers. The list is up to 198 lenses! And that doesn't include any of the cine-specific options, which I think probably deserve their own list.

Micro 4/3 Native Lenses (Google Sheets)

As ever, please let me know if you notice any omissions or if you have feedback on ways this could be made more useful.

- K

EDIT (8/11): The list now includes over 230 photo lenses. In addition, I've added a separate list for cine lenses which includes basic info on almost 60 lenses. Finally, there's a third sheet for Four Thirds that includes almost 50 lenses.

Last edited:

DeeJayK

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Keith
After compiling the lens spreadsheet over the last several weeks I started thinking of other useful ways of organizing and presenting this information. While researching that question I stumbled upon a wiki site called Camerapedia. The info on this site for Micro Four Thirds was extremely limited, so I updated a bit of the existing info and created a page to cover m43 lenses.

On this new page I added brief descriptions of all of the lenses that have been produced to date by Olympus/OMDS and Panasonic. These descriptions could be linked to an article on each lens. I created such an article on the Olympus 9–18mm zoom to provide a taste of what such an article could look like.

Obviously this remains very much a work in progress, but I wanted to share it here to solicit some opinions before I dump any more time into it. Do you think such a site (were it more comprehensive) would be a useful resource for you or for others interested in the m43 system? Is there any particular content or functionality you'd like to see in a site like this?

- K

Baenwort

Strictly Amateur
Man, I knew there were lots of m43 lenses out there, but I had no idea just how many options we had until I tried to list them all.

I think now that I've got all of the low hanging fruit, i.e. all of the lenses listed by the major retailers. The list is up to 198 lenses! And that doesn't include any of the cine-specific options, which I think probably deserve their own list.

Micro 4/3 Native Lenses (Google Sheets)

As ever, please let me know if you notice any omissions or if you have feedback on ways this could be made more useful.

- K

EDIT (8/11): The list now includes over 230 photo lenses. In addition, I've added a separate list for cine lenses which includes basic info on almost 60 lenses. Finally, there's a third sheet for Four Thirds that includes almost 50 lenses.
There is missing the three Kowa lenses: http://www.kowa-prominar.com/product/prominar_lenses/mft_spec.html

A question, am I missing a column for manual or autofocus?

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom