Completed ; Mu-43 Monthly Photo Contest for May 2020 - Reflections

ata3001

Mu-43 Regular
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I believe that it closes at midnight on the last day of the month, then people have three days to vote before you tally and declare a winner. You should bump the thread a few times for submissions if you feel things are going slow. You should also bump or remind a few days before the end of the month.
Thanks

ata3001

Mu-43 Regular
Midnight at any specific time zone, or the poster’s local?
Entries may be posted until May 31, 2020 @ 11:59pm EDT. New York time.
Voting continues until Jun 3, 2020 @ 11:59pm EDT. New York time.

Any images or votes posted after these posted times will not be counted.

A first & second place winner will be announced once I can tally the points.
Hope this helps.
Good Luck to all!

ata3001

Mu-43 Regular
Just a reminder. There are only 4 days left to enter. Get your images in.

ata3001

Mu-43 Regular
Entries may be posted until May 31, 2020 @ 11:59pm EDT. New York time.
Voting continues until Jun 3, 2020 @ 11:59pm EDT. New York time.

Any images or votes posted after these posted times will not be counted.

A first & second place winner will be announced once I can tally the points.
Hope this helps.
Good Luck to all!
Don't forget to get your entries in. Someone's going to win a big "Attaboy"

ata3001

Mu-43 Regular
Don't forget to get your entries in. Someone's going to win a big "Attaboy"
Don't forget to get your images in. Today is the final day for submitting. You don't want to pass up getting an "Attaboy", lol..... Midnight tonight is the deadline. Good luck to all.

ata3001

Mu-43 Regular
No more entries. This competition is done. You now have 3 days to vote your favorite.

ata3001

Mu-43 Regular
Don't forget to get your votes in. Tomorrow is the final day for voting for your favorite images. Midnight tomorrow is the deadline. Good luck to all.

ata3001

Mu-43 Regular
Voting is now complete.
1st place goes to BosseBe with a total of 18
2nd place goes to DaveRedman with a total of 17
Congratulations to both.
BosseBe now has the privilege of choosing a topic for the June competition.

ata3001

Mu-43 Regular
Also Will Focus had 17 votes, not sure about your tallying abilities at this point.
I'm sorry but I must not understand how the scoring works. I am a rookie at this.
You say Filipegeek has 23, yet I see his scores as 13 likes & 5 winner icons. I don't know how that adds up to 23.
You say Will Focus has 20, yet I see his scores as 4 likes, 10 funny & 3 winner icons. I don't know how that adds up to 20.
I will gladly re-announce the winners as needed. Please explain the scoring system to me since it's apparent I don't know how it works.
Thanks for correcting me & for your help

It was after midnight when I posted the results, so I apologize for the mistakes I obviously made.

cjoliprsf

Mu-43 Regular
I'm sorry but I must not understand how the scoring works. I am a rookie at this.
Scoring rules are clearly written in the beginning of the original post:
Photos receive one point for each "like" (thumbs up), "funny" (happy face), "appreciate" (heart icon), or "agree" (green check mark) and two points for each "winner" (medal) or "Wow" (surprised face) clicked on the post. The photo with the most points wins the contest.
and:
If you shot the image with a micro four thirds camera, include the make and model in your post for an added bonus of three (3) points.

ata3001

Mu-43 Regular
After re-scoring the images per the competition rules, the winners are as follows:
1st place with a total score of 23 is felipegeek
2nd place with a total score of 20 is Will Focus

Congratulations to the winners & my apologizes for my previous scoring errors.

Will Focus

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Congratulations to felipegeek for a well deserved first place win, and everyone who participated to help make this a fun contest ! A big thank you to ata3001 for being such a great host of the competition as well !

After re-scoring the images per the competition rules, the winners are as follows:
1st place with a total score of 23 is felipegeek
2nd place with a total score of 20 is Will Focus

Congratulations to the winners & my apologizes for my previous scoring errors.
Did you account for if a MU43 camera was used....?
Part of the rules for how to score talk about points for each vote (like, smile ect =1 and trophy =2), but elsewhere where the rules talk about making the entry also mention stating what camera is used so get 3 points if MU43 camera.

For fellegear I see 13 + 5x2 which equally the 23 you stated. But I dont know if that is a MU43 camera.
For WillFOcus I see 14 + 3x2 wiche equalls the 20 you list, but I dont know ifd that is a MU43 camera.
So an unaccounted 3 points could effect that.

Mine is 16 + 1x2 plus the 3 for GX1 being MU43 for total 21.

I susggest the section that describes the scoring also state the +3 for using and stating is a MU43 camera (actually the rules say to "state" what camera mode). And I dont know what to suggest about how any previous winner be able to tell if a stated model is a mu43 or not. Maybe most folks here would know, but some would not (also requires to be a subscriber to see camera model).

Excuse me for being a newby to the game butting in.

Last edited:

ata3001

Mu-43 Regular
I looked in the rules & at the posted rules & could not find a rule that states that using a m43 camera in creating the image, adds additional points. Had that been in the posted rules, it may or may not affected the final score. If the moderators see fit to include these additional scoring points, then it does need to be included in the posted rules.
I apologize for any adverse feelings this has caused, however, I can only go by the rules as posted.
The rules also indicate that the date of creation also be included with the image, but that also isn't being done. The info could be found in the exif data, however one must be a subscriber to gain access to that info & not all of us are, therefore we just do the best we can with the info provided.
The moderator(s) must make a ruling on this for future monthly competitions if it is to be included.

Last edited:

Aushiker

Super Moderator
Real Name
Andrew
With respect to the date taken, normally the OP or a moderator will ask the poster to update their post. @barry13 maybe able to comment on whether submissions without a date get excluded or not.

Thanks for the competition and your efforts.

Santa

Super Moderator
Real Name
Tom Staggs
Rule number 4 states:
4. If you shot the image with a micro four thirds camera, include the make and model in your post for an added bonus of three (3) points.

so therefore, if the poster does not post the make and model of m4/3rds camera in the verbage with the photo no credit is given.

secondly rule Number 1
1. The image must be taken within the contest month; the date of the photo must be indicated on the post

i Did not realize we had let this one slide. We use to have the monthly contest moderator ask each one when the picture was taken and please post it if it was not on the posting. Since it is rule number one if a poster will not respond with the date then I feel it should not count in the final tally.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom