1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Competed my first Picture a Day

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by dixeyk, May 14, 2011.

1. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    90 days of pictures HERE. It has been a blast and I am looking forward to the next challenge.

• Like Like x 2
  2. sprinke

sprinke Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena, CA
    Debi
    I did at 365 project a couple of years ago. I credit the effort with improving my photography immeasurably. But it kicked my butt and I was exhausted by the end of the year, and had to take a break.

Project 365 - a set on Flickr

Congrats on your accomplishment.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Congratulations, Kevin. There's some great pics in that collection (and yours too, Debi!). I think I would be loathe to do a similar project for the same reason that Debi mentioned; feeling burned out by the end of it. It would appear that I can talk about photography until the cows come home, but actually doing it every day would get a bit much for me.

4. dixeyk

Aug 9, 2010
    Those are terrific. I'm not sure I feel up to tacking a full year yet (3 months was tiring). Right now I want a small break before I jump back to it. Since Summer is on the way (at least on the calendar) perhaps a summer of photos is next. The solstice seems like a good starting point.

5. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Very impressive!

6. Pelao

Pelao Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 3, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Very cool. Inspiring. Some great shots too.

7. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    Nice work. Your 2 little dogs are mighty cute.

I try to take photos as often as possible, but I don't want to impose an artificial plan to force me to do it. I've heard too many stories like Debi's of people getting burnt out or even people resenting their camera.

8. SMaturin

SMaturin Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 30, 2011
    New York's Backyard
    Beautiful and amazing work, both from Kevin and Debi.

I don't know how you keep the inspiration going day in and day out. I could never do it. It certainly takes a lot of creative focus and determination.

And youthful energy!

Thanks for sharing these projects.

-Steve. iPad. Mu-43 App.

9. dixeyk

Aug 9, 2010
    I found the simplest way to keep myself on track was to have my camera with me all the time so I started using my old Domke F6 as my work bag (it was pretty easy as that bag is pretty utilitarian). With the camera with me it was easier to keep on track...although I do have a number of photos taken at 11:50PM. Also having cute dogs as a fallback was helpful.

Next up...Summer of photos (anyone care to join me?)

Kevin