Compatible Battery Olympus BLN-1

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Tinderbox (UK), Oct 6, 2014.

1. Tinderbox (UK)

Tinderbox (UK) Mu-43 Regular

I have been looking for hours on Ebay and Amazon for a compatible battery for my new E-M5 i am getting tomorrow, first problem some battery`s show as 7.4v and some as 7.6v the original is 7.6v so that one is sorted we need a 7.6v battery, next problem all the battery sellers the honest ones tell you the battery cannot be charged in the original charger which is no good to me.

So after searching i found a brand Ex-Pro, but wait there are two version, one does not charge in the original charger and one does and that one is slightly more expensive £11.96 each on Amazon UK , but i found the Ex-Pro website and they are selling the same battery with free delivery for £9.97 each and the description says it`s a new version that shows the battery level and is able to be charged with the original charger and it comes with a 2 Year Warranty so i ordered two and i will update this thread when i get them.

Below is the website in the UK and use paypal if you dont have a credit card to protect yourself.

2. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    The Progo batteries work great with the Oly or Progo charger.

3. Tinderbox (UK)

Zero hits for Progo bln-1 in Ebay UK, very few Google hit one was twice the price of the Ex-Pro battery`s , maybe available in the US market?

4. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    from what I gather, all the non-olympus batteries that can be charged on the olympus charger, end up undercharged, and terminate at 8.0-8.1V

If you want to use the battery with the olympus charger, I would suggest getting the genuine olympus batteries.

Or just get generic batteries to be used with generic charger, if you want to save money.
  5. Tinderbox (UK)

I will investigate this when i get my battery`s thanks for the heads-up.

6. Drdave944

Drdave944 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 2, 2012
    I wonder about this kind of thing when I upgrade. For example the Panny Gf-5 and Gx-7 both fit the same charger but the GF- 5 has a slightly lower capacity. The directions make a big deal of using the "right " charger and battery,but I can't tell which charger is which, Is this all bull or is there any danger in mixing up things? There are many other examples of this.
  7. Tinderbox (UK)

Dont worry the charger knows when the battery is full and stop charging using the voltage and current drawn not the battery`s capacity.

EDIT : great info in the link below.

• Like Like x 1