Compatible Battery Olympus BLN-1

Tinderbox (UK)

Mu-43 Regular
I have been looking for hours on Ebay and Amazon for a compatible battery for my new E-M5 i am getting tomorrow, first problem some battery`s show as 7.4v and some as 7.6v the original is 7.6v so that one is sorted we need a 7.6v battery, next problem all the battery sellers the honest ones tell you the battery cannot be charged in the original charger which is no good to me.

So after searching i found a brand Ex-Pro, but wait there are two version, one does not charge in the original charger and one does and that one is slightly more expensive £11.96 each on Amazon UK , but i found the Ex-Pro website and they are selling the same battery with free delivery for £9.97 each and the description says it`s a new version that shows the battery level and is able to be charged with the original charger and it comes with a 2 Year Warranty so i ordered two and i will update this thread when i get them.

Below is the website in the UK and use paypal if you dont have a credit card to protect yourself.

John

http://www.exprodirect.com/product.php?productid=42267&cat=0&page=1

hazwing

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
from what I gather, all the non-olympus batteries that can be charged on the olympus charger, end up undercharged, and terminate at 8.0-8.1V

If you want to use the battery with the olympus charger, I would suggest getting the genuine olympus batteries.

Or just get generic batteries to be used with generic charger, if you want to save money.

Tinderbox (UK)

Mu-43 Regular
I will investigate this when i get my battery`s thanks for the heads-up.

John.

from what I gather, all the non-olympus batteries that can be charged on the olympus charger, end up undercharged, and terminate at 8.0-8.1V

If you want to use the battery with the olympus charger, I would suggest getting the genuine olympus batteries.

Or just get generic batteries to be used with generic charger, if you want to save money.

I wonder about this kind of thing when I upgrade. For example the Panny Gf-5 and Gx-7 both fit the same charger but the GF- 5 has a slightly lower capacity. The directions make a big deal of using the "right " charger and battery,but I can't tell which charger is which, Is this all bull or is there any danger in mixing up things? There are many other examples of this.

Tinderbox (UK)

Mu-43 Regular
Dont worry the charger knows when the battery is full and stop charging using the voltage and current drawn not the battery`s capacity.

John

EDIT : great info in the link below.

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/charging_lithium_ion_batteries

I wonder about this kind of thing when I upgrade. For example the Panny Gf-5 and Gx-7 both fit the same charger but the GF- 5 has a slightly lower capacity. The directions make a big deal of using the "right " charger and battery,but I can't tell which charger is which, Is this all bull or is there any danger in mixing up things? There are many other examples of this.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom