1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Compact case/bag for E-PL1 w/17mm or Panny 20mm?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by 996gt2, Nov 26, 2010.

1. 996gt2

996gt2 Mu-43 Regular

Oct 27, 2010
    I usually carry my PL1 inside a jacket pocket or inside a backpack with other things, so I'm looking for a small, compact bag or case to protect the camera. The lenses I use most often are the Oly 17mm and Panasonic 20mm, both of which are quite small. Are there any bags that fit the combination of E-PL1 + 17 or 20mm lens while remaining relatively compact?

Bonus points if it is reasonably priced and can be bought from a large retailer such as Amazon, Adorama, or B&H instead of eBay :) 

Thanks!

2. DjordjeJ

DjordjeJ Mu-43 Regular

Dec 19, 2009
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Since I carry E-PL1 with 14-42 usually in bigger bag with other stuff, I wanted something small to protect camera, and not to take much room. Few days ago I bought this case for E-PL1. You can put E-PL1 even with 14-150 mm lens. It is also good when I want to carry just camera. It is enough to protect it. When I plan to shot I will remove case and fold it and put in pocket. You can keep strap on camera and close the case.

Olympus - PEN Wrapping Case
    [​IMG]

3. luguidomanski

luguidomanski Mu-43 Regular

Apr 11, 2010
    Curitiba, Brazil
    Luiz
  4. shoturtle

shoturtle  

Oct 15, 2010
    It is actually well made, I have had it since march. I like that I can mount the case right onto a tripod. It offers allot of protection.

5. pdh

pdh Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 6, 2010
  6. 996gt2

996gt2 Mu-43 Regular

Oct 27, 2010
    Yeah, seems like no US sellers are carrying that Olympus PEN wrapping case. Anybody know of a source for them here?

7. ronbot

ronbot Mu-43 Regular

Apr 27, 2010
    If you're gonna get an ebay case for your E-PL1, make sure it has the bulge for the handgrip; a few are advertised as to fit the E-PL1 as well, but they are actually designed for the E-P1/2.

Here's mine that is specifically designed for E-PL1 and I quite like it:
    View attachment 153506

8. zpierce

zpierce Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Minneapolis, MN
    Zach
  9. drpump

drpump Mu-43 Regular

Oct 28, 2010
    Perhaps a strange solution, but I purchased a kids neoprene pencil case (even had Toy Story characters on the front). Cost $4. The only camera shops nearby had nothing suitable so I had to think laterally :)  My goal was to have something that would protect the camera inside another bag. The one I bought probably wouldn't fit in a pocket, but smaller ones might.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.