Compact case/bag for E-PL1 w/17mm or Panny 20mm?

996gt2

Mu-43 Regular
I usually carry my PL1 inside a jacket pocket or inside a backpack with other things, so I'm looking for a small, compact bag or case to protect the camera. The lenses I use most often are the Oly 17mm and Panasonic 20mm, both of which are quite small. Are there any bags that fit the combination of E-PL1 + 17 or 20mm lens while remaining relatively compact?

Bonus points if it is reasonably priced and can be bought from a large retailer such as Amazon, Adorama, or B&H instead of eBay :)

Thanks!

DjordjeJ

Mu-43 Regular
Since I carry E-PL1 with 14-42 usually in bigger bag with other stuff, I wanted something small to protect camera, and not to take much room. Few days ago I bought this case for E-PL1. You can put E-PL1 even with 14-150 mm lens. It is also good when I want to carry just camera. It is enough to protect it. When I plan to shot I will remove case and fold it and put in pocket. You can keep strap on camera and close the case.

Olympus - PEN Wrapping Case
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

shoturtle

It is actually well made, I have had it since march. I like that I can mount the case right onto a tripod. It offers allot of protection.

pdh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Few days ago I bought this case for E-PL1. You can put E-PL1 even with 14-150 mm lens. It is also good when I want to carry just camera. It is enough to protect it. When I plan to shot I will remove case and fold it and put in pocket. You can keep strap on camera and close the case.http://www.olympus-europa.com/consumer/21693

this looks exactly what I'd like ... but olympus UK are out of stock and I can;t find anyone else who sells it in the UK (including eBay)

996gt2

Mu-43 Regular
Yeah, seems like no US sellers are carrying that Olympus PEN wrapping case. Anybody know of a source for them here?

ronbot

Mu-43 Regular
If you're gonna get an ebay case for your E-PL1, make sure it has the bulge for the handgrip; a few are advertised as to fit the E-PL1 as well, but they are actually designed for the E-P1/2.

Here's mine that is specifically designed for E-PL1 and I quite like it:
View attachment 153506

drpump

Mu-43 Regular
Perhaps a strange solution, but I purchased a kids neoprene pencil case (even had Toy Story characters on the front). Cost $4. The only camera shops nearby had nothing suitable so I had to think laterally :) My goal was to have something that would protect the camera inside another bag. The one I bought probably wouldn't fit in a pocket, but smaller ones might.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom