1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Compact bag for E-M5

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by loko12345, Jun 8, 2012.

1. loko12345

loko12345 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 8, 2012
    Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I recently got the E-M5 and love it. It came with the 14-42mm, and I plan on getting the Panny 20mm or 14mm.

Can you recommend a compact bag that would work well with the E-M5 and a single lens; I wouldn't be putting a bunch of lenses or other items in the bag, so more compact the better.

I saw this bag, the Munich 100, but I'm not sure if it would fit? Lowepro - Munich 100

Any idea would be appreciated! Thanks!

2. DekHog

DekHog Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 3, 2011
    Scotland
    One of the Nova range would also do for you...... probably this one....Here

3. JimmyK

JimmyK Mu-43 Regular

Apr 11, 2012
    Seattle, WA
    James Knodell
    If you mean the E-M5 body and a single lens mounted on the camera, then the Munich 100 could work. Click on the specification tab for the interior dimensions, then measure your camera, mounted with whichever lens you have in mind.

A small bag that I like is the ThinkTank Retrospective 5. It has plenty of room for an E-M5 with a lens mounted, plus room for an additional lens on the side. It comes in at a somewhat higher price point, but it's extremely well made, has an outstanding and comfortable shoulder strap that won't slip off your shoulder, and is fairly nondescript in appearance. It's available in three colors. Retrospective 5 (Black)

4. rfortson

rfortson Mu-43 Veteran

I used the Crumpler $2Million home bag for my Pen kit (including 2 lenses and a flash).

I'm thinking of getting the $3million home for my OM-D kit.

5. gsciorio

gsciorio Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 29, 2011
    Miami, FL
    Although I have many bags my favorites are my non-photo backpacks are my favs for non work shooting. I use neoprene wraps and other little bags to hold any bits. Nothing like a Pen burrito.

6. Jman

Jman Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    I use a Think Tank Retrospective 5 for my main bag with the E-m5, but it's large for what you're asking.

I found a great compromise for my 'tiny' bag with the Lowepro Rezo 110 AW. It's very small, can fit on a belt, and yet can hold the E-M5 with 12/2, 25/1.4 and 45/1.8 (one of them mounted). You could even fit a pancake in the front pocket if you wanted as well.

7. MrKal_El

MrKal_El Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 24, 2011
  8. duke777

duke777 New to Mu-43

May 28, 2012
    DE, USA
    Rich
    Kept it old school with some ebay finds. $15 each.

9. loko12345

loko12345 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 8, 2012
    Thanks very much for the helpful responses.

10. TDP

TDP Guest

11. efoo

efoo Mu-43 Regular

Jun 5, 2012
    Sydney, Australia
    Eddie
    Can that tripod fit into that bag?

12. TDP

TDP Guest

HELL no, it just posed for the photo

13. efoo

efoo Mu-43 Regular

Jun 5, 2012
    Sydney, Australia
    Eddie
    LOL I thought so. Posing that tripod, together with the camera and clip-on flash next to the bag gave the wrong impression. :rofl: