Comment about E-P1 jpgs

Mosca

Mu-43 Regular
They are really really nice; some of the best out-of-camera I've ever seen. Great colors, great detail. I'm very impressed.

cosinaphile

Mu-43 All-Pro
indeed that is a commonly held opinion i have a gf1 and an ep1

the gf1 has a great simplified manual shoot mode for manual glass... and autofocus and tracking with af glass is the best in the world of 4\3s ...panny gets props here,

but those olympus jpegs out of camera are simply outstanding.......

glad you noticed :)

PeterB666

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Peter
The JPEGs out of the E-P1 are great. Probably the best compromise in procssing I have seen although they could do better with dynamic range.

I cannot get better by manipulating the RAW images but then my RAW development skills are in the early-learner stage. I keep trying.

Mosca

Mu-43 Regular
My guess is the engineers spent a lot of time on this; it is a small thing that doesn't cost anything in hardware to implement, and pays huge dividends in user satisfaction across all owners. I am truly, truly impressed. When I started shooting raw I thought I would never go back to jpg. No more. I intend to use this feature, a lot.

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Agreed, I use raw all the time and as Peter stated, it's hard to beat OOC jpegs.
The Art Filters are totally intoxicating......

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom