1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Comment about E-P1 jpgs

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Mosca, May 29, 2010.

1. Mosca

Mosca Mu-43 Regular

May 27, 2010
    They are really really nice; some of the best out-of-camera I've ever seen. Great colors, great detail. I'm very impressed.

2. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    indeed that is a commonly held opinion i have a gf1 and an ep1

the gf1 has a great simplified manual shoot mode for manual glass... and autofocus and tracking with af glass is the best in the world of 4\3s ...panny gets props here,

but those olympus jpegs out of camera are simply outstanding.......

glad you noticed :)

3. PeterB666

PeterB666 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    Peter
    The JPEGs out of the E-P1 are great. Probably the best compromise in procssing I have seen although they could do better with dynamic range.

I cannot get better by manipulating the RAW images but then my RAW development skills are in the early-learner stage. I keep trying.

4. Mosca

Mosca Mu-43 Regular

May 27, 2010
    My guess is the engineers spent a lot of time on this; it is a small thing that doesn't cost anything in hardware to implement, and pays huge dividends in user satisfaction across all owners. I am truly, truly impressed. When I started shooting raw I thought I would never go back to jpg. No more. I intend to use this feature, a lot.

5. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Agreed, I use raw all the time and as Peter stated, it's hard to beat OOC jpegs.
    The Art Filters are totally intoxicating......