Coming your way...

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by Uncle Frank, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Uncle Frank

Uncle Frank Photo Enthusiast

Jul 26, 2012
    San Jose, CA

In my part of California, throw-away plastic grocery bags are banned, and stores must charge their customers for paper bags. These laws were passed to encourage shoppers to purchase re-useable grocery bags. Now we kill fewer trees and avoid filling our dumps with unnecessary tons of plastic. Like seatbelts, it was a PITA at first, but seems natural now... and colorful bags, like these from Trader Joe's, make political correctness seem like fun.

Thinking Green
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    I was so annoyed at the constant reminder that all bags are extra my last time in the Bay Area. I better bring some bags with me on my next trip! I think my NRA bags might not be well received there!
  3. 少林chris

少林chris Mu-43 Regular

Jun 28, 2013
    Los Angeles / Copenhagen
    Paying for bags has been the normal for decades here in Scandinavia now, so I can dig this.
    It's great for the environment and all, but what really matters is how nice they loook as an image ;-)
  4. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    We've had the option of this type of bags for quite some time here in Pennsylvania. My wife keeps a collection of them in her car for grocery shopping. I even have a couple in my truck for the wine store. :cool:
  5. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    While I tend to raise my hackles at government rules and regulations (and that topic would be for a different site altogether :biggrin:) this raises the much more important question...

Amin, where are our reusable shopping bags???

I got the t-shirt (concede that I've not worn it yet), so can shopping bags be far away?

Maybe different sized openings on different length of one can determine the best length and aperture to choose before hitting the grocery store :thumbup:. The front side of the bag with a lens (prime, naturally) photo, reverse side of bag with back of (enter-the-camera-body-of-your-choice).

Oh, the possibilities...:biggrin:

6. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Don't need bags for liquor, Rev.

I keep straws in the glove box.

With firm tonguely in cheek (hic!)...

gd&r verra verra...erratically...