1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

coming soon: SMC-A 35-70 (PK)

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by jimr.pdx, Apr 23, 2011.

1. jimr.pdx

jimr.pdx Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    near Longview ~1hr from PDX
    Jim R
    As I still dabble in both :43: and Pentax worlds, I have a Rikenon 50mm lens that serves decently well. I had hoped for a deal on the -A series from Pentax though, which has the electrical contact to provide aperture feedback to my k-x. The 50mm SMC-A lenses are prized though (other than the indifferent f/2), and therefore not cheap... so I decided to go another way. Their old 35-70 f/3.5-4.5 has a good rep, not up to the fixed f/4 praise but still good. Better still, the f/3.5-4.5 weighs 240g and takes 49mm filters (I have the step ring so filters for my 14-45 and 45-200 will work), whereas the f/4 is 100g heavier and takes 58mm filters.

So the 'lesser' lens fits my needs & current kit better, and keeps a few dollars in my wallet/bank. I'm looking forward to its arrival next week, for both the k-x and GH1! We'll let you know, and add a new section to the adapted-lens gallery soon!

If anyone has some experience with this on their :43: kit, I'd like to hear of it - though it's mine in any case so be gentle.. :eek: 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.