Comets

CorBee

New to Mu-43
Selection_108.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Yesterday evening, using EM5.3 with 45mm/F1.8 2 seconds ISO800 (postprocessing in DarkTable 3)

Machi

Mu-43 Top Veteran
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Stramberk town with comet NEOWISE.
E-PM2 + Canon FD 50mm f/1.4 + focal reducer.

Will Focus

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Comet Neowise sails over Michigan's Lelanau Peninsula tonight with an added bonus. A green and purple dancing display of the Northern Lights filling in under the comet! Wow, what a treat!

doady

Mu-43 Regular
I read a caption about Neowise on the news channel while in the hospital a few days ago and I finally have some sort of telephoto lens now too with 12-100mm, but my left shoulder mysteriously broke last month I only got the diagnosis and began treatment a few days ago. That was the reason I've been spending so much time in the hospitals these past few days in the first place, so I should probably let it heal and not put a camera bag on it. Maybe I'll just get some ideas from you guys for now.

Will Focus

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Another one from this evening. Taken from the tip of Old Mission Peninsula at the lighthouse, looking west over the Lelanau Peninsula and Grand Traverse Bay.

John King

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I read a caption about Neowise on the news channel while in the hospital a few days ago and I finally have some sort of telephoto lens now too with 12-100mm, but my left shoulder mysteriously broke last month I only got the diagnosis and began treatment a few days ago. That was the reason I've been spending so much time in the hospitals these past few days in the first place, so I should probably let it heal and not put a camera bag on it. Maybe I'll just get some ideas from you guys for now.
Sorry to hear about your shoulder. Have some problems with mine, so can empathize.

archaeopteryx

Gambian sidling bush
First C/2020 F3 opportunity after several days of cloud here. Maybe better seeing in the next few days.
P1080669 web.jpg

(For those who are curious: 100-300 II @ 240 f/5.3 limited to 2s to restrict motion blur and hence ISO 800, unstacked and cropped in to effectively 340, raw denoise and tone curve in darktable plus individual RGB tone curves in GIMP for light pollution. One of those times when the noise properties of Panasonic's 16MP sensor aren't helpful.)

doady

Mu-43 Regular
Sorry to hear about your shoulder. Have some problems with mine, so can empathize.
Thanks. I hope your shoulder problems aren't too painful and don't interfere with photography and other things you do too much. I was in crazy pain this morning but usually it's okay, not that bad. I actually got some pictures of flowers in the yard this afternoon. I just wish I could photograph this comet, especially after seeing all of the cool photos here.

Last edited:

Mountain_Man_79

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Chris
So my files from late last week cleaned up half decent. I was able to do a small stack of 4 in DSS. Then I added unacceptable amounts of noise and color banding because I used Luminar to process the Tiff file DSS outputted instead of DxO, because DxO wasn’t opening the Tiff file...what’s up with that? Anyway -

John King

Mu-43 Top Veteran
@doady A corticosteroid+anaesthetic injection fixed up my frozen shoulder syndrome. The osteoarthritis is not so easily fixed, unfortunately.

Painkillers 5x a day, as I cannot take anti-inflammatories due to taking Warfarin.

Still, lucky to be alive, so just have to live with these things. One is a long time dead ...

Last edited:

Will Focus

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Fiddling with Neowise while waiting for my next clear night, maybe 2 days away. The clear sky forecast here is looking hit and miss for the next ten days as we have several systems or fronts predicted to cross over us. Hopefully I'll get the opportunity to catch this comet a couple of more times before it disappears for 6000 years. Who knows, maybe by then I'll be able to afford the 150-400.

Will Focus

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Comet Neowise has now become my new (old) laptop background.

Hendrik

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Hendrik
Neowise, last evening. The New England weather slipped up and actually allowed a view - what are things coming to?

Also, first use in earnest of E-M1 Mark III. The Starry AF feature made things very simple.

First, the 75 1.8

40-150 Pro @ 40mm

40-150 Pro @ 150mm

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Mark
My first pictures using my Equatorial mount. They are not great, but still cool.

Hendrik

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Hendrik
Two more from a different night, location. E-M1 Mark III. Again Starry Sky AF proved its worth.

75 1.8 once again
_H5B0129m43.jpg

Thought I'd let the 12-40 get in on the fun. Looking downstream along the Sudbury River. No doubt H.D. Thoreau passed this spot many times, going up or down river.
_H5B0136m43.jpg

Last edited:

Will Focus

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Comet Neowise sails away from the Leaf Nebula this evening, far from the herd of mosquitoes that found my bare arms the perfect midnight snack...

Does anyone else think Neowise is getting dimmer as the days go by? It seemed easier to find in twilight a few days ago than it did tonight in almost complete darkness. Last night too. Maybe it's just the atmospheric conditions here or maybe, just maybe outer space is expanding and getting further away. Soon we may be left with a starless sky. Nothing to see but the Space Station and a few thousand Elon Musk Satellites .

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom