Combate beach and south of the island scenery.

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by JIA333, Jun 25, 2012.

1. JIA333

JIA333 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 17, 2012
    The Caribbean
    Went on a weekend trip to the south, it is so gorgeous there.

Combate beach.

On the road there, taken from moving car.

• Like Like x 1
  2. phdezra

phdezra Mu-43 Stalker

Dec 6, 2011
    New York, NY
    Very nice images. The 45/1.8 is a wonderful little lens, though many people seem to grow bored of it quickly and sell it for something with more versatility. You did very well on exposure.

Some thoughts on the photos:

First shot is my favorite, though the horizon is sloped ever-so-so-so-slightly to the right. (It's fine as-is, and personally you could print it that way, but since you asked for a comment, there you go.) I like the aua/teal/blueness offset by the boat in front right and the dock with people to the left. With shots like these where the horizon is such a prominent aspect, especially since you set the sky to fill 2/3 of the shot, I think it's important to level. (Then again, mayeb my monitor is crooked.... but I did use a ruler function to check! :wink:)

Second shot captures the definition of clouds really well, but the fence (blurred)...? I'm not sure where my eyes are supposed to go. I wish there was something of interest beyond the fence that suggested why it is there. (E.g. an animal, fruit trees). Again, just my $0.02. Still a nice shot.

Third shot - I would definitely knock out the fence here in favor of leaning OVER the fence in taking the photo. I think the viewer is curious abotu those building./stacks off to the right, whcih are partially cut off.:mad: The red (trees?) to the left make me squint at it - maybe would look better if I could see more detail in the image.