1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Colour to the Max

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Robert Watcher, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Robert Watcher

Robert Watcher Mu-43 Top Veteran

San Juan del Sur is a tourist town in the southern part of Nicaragua. The whole backdrop is bold bright and colourful. While visiting there this past weekend, I captured some of the essence of San Juan del Sur in these 3 images. Enjoy:

Taken with Olympus E-PL5 w/ 14-42 kit lens

• Like Like x 1
  2. Robert Watcher

A few more colourful images from our fun weekend in San Juan del Sur...

...the location where 4 seasons of Survivor were filmed - - - Survivor: Nicaragua, Survivor: Redemption Island, Survivor: San Juan del Sur, and Survivor: Worlds Apart

Some street images.

20151025-EPL56470-Edit.
    Cuarta Seccion

20151026-EPL56561-Edit.

20151026-EPL56556-Edit.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Robert Watcher

This weekend is really kind of an awesome 'TOP OFF' of our incredible 4 1/2 years in Nicaragua. Within 2 weeks or so we will be living in the mountain city of Xela, Guatemala - with a whole new inspiration for photographing the incredible Mayan culture in the surrounding town and villages. We may not get back to Nicaragua...

...so Anne and I had to have a special meal on this occasion. We received that at the BeachSide restaurant El Timon.

So food prices aren't as cheap as many people think (as in almost free) - it costs to eat whether that is preparing food for yourself or eating out. But when you consider the total costs of such a meal as we had to eating in a high end restaurant back home in Canada or the US - - - there is a substantial saving.

I'll give you an idea of what I mean. Our meal on this evening included 3 Pina Coladas, 1 CocaCola, Huge dinner for two with Lobster, Clam, Squid, Octopus, Marlin, Shrimp plus side orders - - - $35 USD total that included the mandatory 15% taxes plus the built in 10% tip (we added another 10% of course). The view and ambiance alone were worth the $35.00

I always have my trusty Olympus E-PL5 w/14-42 kit lens with me in my pants pocket - so I miss no moments - including detail shots that I send to the companies Facebook pages.

• Like Like x 2