1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Colors of Spring

Discussion in 'Nature' started by veereshai, Apr 9, 2012.

1. veereshai

veereshai Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 12, 2011
    Arlington, VA
    I was out in my favorite park here in Bangalore. It's called Lalbagh, more about it here:
    Lal Bagh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I found this nice tree filled with small yellow flowers which I thought would be nice as a background. I had the Nikon 75-240mm on my G1 and the longer FL helped me in getting a narrow FOV. So, zoomed in to the max and got the following shot with a nice smooth yellow background. And the good part was that my subject were in the shade but the background was lit by sunlight. As always, C&C is appreciated :smile:.

Oh, btw, the Nikon 75-240mm is a very very good performer on micro four thirds cameras. Get it if you want to do close-ups on the cheap.

7063122425_cd320f8577_b.

• Like Like x 8
  2. Minniesmum

Minniesmum Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    UK
    Stunning shot !!

3. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

This is a very nice photo veereshai. I like the background and the way the two dark spots on top of the frame form a triangle with the birds head. Draws both eyes down towards the bird instantly.

Did you burn the edges at all?

best,
    icon

4. veereshai

veereshai Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 12, 2011
    Arlington, VA
    Thank you both :smile:, I am glad you liked this one.

Icon,
    Nope, didn't burn the edges. It had some patches of green leaves and the three trunk showing up, hence that feel of burnt edges.

I have another photograph but I want to go back and do it again. I am not too happy with it and this one calls for a tripod. Here's that one:

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/veeresh_ai/7063122829/" title="Twin Flowers (Bee) by Veeresh_ai, on Flickr">"486" height="640" alt="Twin Flowers (Bee)"></a>

• Like Like x 3