1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Colors of Spring

Discussion in 'Nature' started by veereshai, Apr 9, 2012.

1. veereshai

veereshai Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 12, 2011
    Arlington, VA
    I was out in my favorite park here in Bangalore. It's called Lalbagh, more about it here:
    Lal Bagh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I found this nice tree filled with small yellow flowers which I thought would be nice as a background. I had the Nikon 75-240mm on my G1 and the longer FL helped me in getting a narrow FOV. So, zoomed in to the max and got the following shot with a nice smooth yellow background. And the good part was that my subject were in the shade but the background was lit by sunlight. As always, C&C is appreciated :smile:.

Oh, btw, the Nikon 75-240mm is a very very good performer on micro four thirds cameras. Get it if you want to do close-ups on the cheap.

7063122425_cd320f8577_b.

• Like Like x 8
  2. Minniesmum

Minniesmum Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    UK
    Stunning shot !!

3. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

This is a very nice photo veereshai. I like the background and the way the two dark spots on top of the frame form a triangle with the birds head. Draws both eyes down towards the bird instantly.

Did you burn the edges at all?

best,
    icon

4. veereshai

veereshai Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 12, 2011
    Arlington, VA
    Thank you both :smile:, I am glad you liked this one.

Icon,
    Nope, didn't burn the edges. It had some patches of green leaves and the three trunk showing up, hence that feel of burnt edges.

I have another photograph but I want to go back and do it again. I am not too happy with it and this one calls for a tripod. Here's that one:

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/veeresh_ai/7063122829/" title="Twin Flowers (Bee) by Veeresh_ai, on Flickr"> View attachment 198752 "486" height="640" alt="Twin Flowers (Bee)"></a>

• Like Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.