1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Colorado - Black Forest Fire

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by DanSullivan, Jun 13, 2013.

1. DanSullivan

DanSullivan Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2010
    Colorado
    Dan Sullivan
    Taken up the road from my house Tuesday evening. Currently nearly 100 homes destroyed; luckily no one injured yet from what we hear.

<a href="https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/86wjYien5lXtuKBbgv6i19MTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=embedwebsite">"600" width="800" /></a>

<a href="https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/3soyTbFuVL9ALsl1LqHLZtMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=embedwebsite">"800" width="600" /></a>

2. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Dan,
    Where exactly are you in CO? My daughter and her family are in Castle Pines and we understood that the fire was south toward CO Spgs.

3. DanSullivan

Jun 21, 2010
    Colorado
    Dan Sullivan
    I am in Monument. The fire started NE of Colorado Springs and has now spread north; all of NE El Paso county and parts of south Douglas and Elbert counties are now under evacuation. Here are the affected areas:

Black Forest Fire Evacuation Map

Things were quiet overnight but winds are supposed to be high again today.

4. scott0487

scott0487 Mu-43 Regular

Jul 10, 2012
    Steamboat Springs, CO
    Scott
    Dan: This is always a worrisome time of year in Colorado, and our thoughts are with everyone affected by the fires. Stay safe.

Regards,
    Scott

5. YantaYo

YantaYo Mu-43 Regular

Apr 18, 2012
    Colorado
    My parents and sister have returned to their homes with no fire damage. Fire got within 1 mile of my sisters house. Mother nature cooperated with needed rains and higher humidity.

6. zapatista

zapatista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Denver, Colorado, USA
    Mike
    Glad to hear that. I hope there are no more fatalities/injuries.

7. juangrande

juangrande Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 2, 2012
    COLORADO
    There are fires near Pagosa Springs now. The San Luis Valley is full of smoke!:shakehead:

8. DanSullivan

Jun 21, 2010
    Colorado
    Dan Sullivan
    Close call Yanta! Luckily the weather turned very quickly after the first two days and it looks like we are past the worst. It will be a tough road ahead for the over 500 families whose homes were completely destroyed. The speed with which this all happened is surprising given that it is by far the worst fire in Colorado history in terms of damage.