Color-Munki $89 today

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by PacNWMike, Jun 30, 2015.

1. PacNWMike

PacNWMike Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Dec 5, 2014
    Salish Sea
    Color-Munki at B&H today for $120 minus $30 rebate

• Like Like x 1
  2. maritan

maritan Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 30, 2014
    Do you use this yourself? I haven't printed pictures before, but I want to start - so I'm hoping you can provide some first hand experience regarding this tool. How useful it is, etc.

3. PacNWMike

Dec 5, 2014
    Salish Sea
    I have an old version. Works great. Maybe not exactly WYSIWYG prints but pretty close. Saves a bunch of wasted paper and ink.

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  4. robertk328

robertk328 Going on a prime spree!

Feb 11, 2012
    Northern Virginia
    Robert
    Not so much even printing but viewing as well. I did some photos that looked good in Lightroom and sent them off to someone. On their monitor they were dark. Bought the colormunki and calibrated my monitors. Now we match :)

5. sammykhalifa

sammykhalifa Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 22, 2012
    Pittsburgh PA
    Neil
    I don't trust my own eyes but it seems pretty good to me. Now I did have a software issue (I guess having to do with my specific monitor) so I did have to turn off some of the options. Like Robert, my monitor was waay too bright.

• Like Like x 1
  6. maritan

maritan Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 30, 2014
    Wanted to provide a quick update. B&H Photo as usual was super quick in getting this shipped out to me. I used it to calibrate my MBPro 13" and after my first attempt, I felt I had just chucked $89 down the drain. The before and after were night and day - as in the before was actually good and the after had this magenta cast to the entire damn screen.

After quietly swearing for a while, I decided to redo the calibration and this time it (for whatever reason) did it flawlessly and similar to both your experiences, @robertk328@robertk328 and @sammykhalifa@sammykhalifa, it darkened my screen a touch and I think it also changed the contrast settings a wee bit. I didn't get a chance to do this yesterday, but I want to take a look back at some of pictures see how they look now.

Thanks for the heads up @PacNWMike@PacNWMike.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. NWright

NWright Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 13, 2014
    Massachusetts
    I hopped on this deal as well and hope to run the calibration on my two screens soon - I'll provide updates when possible...

• Like Like x 1
  8. PacNWMike

Dec 5, 2014
    Salish Sea
    You might want to check TFTCentral for profiles and recommended settings for your monitor. I used the recommended settings before I calibrated my monitor. The key was reducing brightness to about 30%.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. I just checked the settings for my monitor and I had the brightness at a level about three times brighter than suggested. Whoops.

Andrew

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.