1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Color infrared

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by ddb, Jun 4, 2013.

1. I've had my converted Lumix G1 for about a week and must say that I am thoroughly enjoying infrared shooting. I think that I've taken more shots in the last week than I did in the last 3 months combined. On Mark Hilliard's website, he suggests processing in color and B&W and I have taken that to heart. However, I never can pick what version I like best. The warm toned image was opened in ACR and into CS5 where I used NIK Color Efex 2 and Viveza 2 (no channel mixer). The cool tone image was again opened in ACR to CS5 but adjusted with the channel mixer and levels. I'm not sure if I am doing everything properly but I like the results. Even though these are color, I posted here because they are infrared.

8947479907_cd78f1f986_c.

8948104058_a9bd616fb0_c.

2. STR

STR Mu-43 Veteran

May 16, 2013
    One of the things I like about IR photography is the other-worldliness of the photos. I tend to stick with the red sky, as that tends to increase this effect. Though, like all rules, one breaks them when it makes for a better picture.

In this case, because you have the American Flag, I think it's better to stick with the non-remixed version. It almost looks like a war memorial on the planet Mars. The blue one, because it also reverses the color on the flags, looks more like a color inverted normal photo. Then again...that might be the look you're going for. What do you think?

Cool photos in either method, by the way.