Color Efex Pro 4 - Released

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by klarue, Sep 27, 2011.

1. klarue

klarue New to Mu-43

Apr 18, 2011
    San Diego
    Hi folks,

I'm pleased to share the news that Color Efex Pro 4 is now released. We think you're going to really like the the new and improved filters, the ability to stack filters w/in the plug-in, filter recipes, borders, and much more...

Check it out for yourself. Here are some handy links you might be interested in:

Enjoy! Kevin (from Nik)

• Like Like x 5
  2. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Looks awesome, Kevin. I just logged in to your site and saw that I get a free upgrade based on my Complete Collection purchase (with mu-43 discount) a couple months ago. Cool stuff!

3. klarue

klarue New to Mu-43

Apr 18, 2011
    San Diego
    Hey - that's cool. Yeah, anyone who purchased either Color Efex Pro 3.0 OR the Complete Collection on or after August 7, 2011 (and registered) will get an email from us with a new product key. In the meantime, download a 15-day trial while waiting for your key. ;-)

Best, Kevin

4. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Whew, it looks like I purchased on August 12.

On my Nik login page, it is already showing the link for v4 download and the new key.

5. klarue

klarue New to Mu-43

Apr 18, 2011
    San Diego
    Nice job! So many people don't take advantage of their Account page on our site - well done. KLR

6. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    hrm, surprised I didn't get an email from NIK about this. Been waiting for stacked filters, nice.

• Like Like x 1
  7. klarue

klarue New to Mu-43

Apr 18, 2011
    San Diego
    We stagger emails so everyone in the world doesn't get blasted at once! Also eases server load. Color Efex Pro 3.0 owners will be notified today, and the rest of our customer database tomorrow.

Best, Kevin

• Like Like x 1
  8. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    Kevin,
    Have you folks ever considered a stepped down product for cheapskates (like myself). I downloaded a trial and really enjoyed it. But can not justify the expense as an amateur when there are other alternatives for free (admittedly not as deluxe, but really, it's a bunch of sliders to adjust a color and light). I say that partly tongue-in-cheek...obviously you people put a lot of work into the finished product and it shows, but I think there are a lot of people who share a similar cost/benefit outlook to me.

Maybe a less fully featured version of an older version of this at around half price? And who knows, once you've gotten your hooks into some people, they could very well pay the difference for the full nine yards. Just some food for thought. You have several great products. Maybe one day my photography will be good enough where I can sell some shots and justify the expense.

9. dtchan

dtchan Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 24, 2010
    I don't see my Product key to it. Where is it located?
    I won the challenge in August and Nik told me I would get a free upgrade.

10. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    if you just log in, you should be redirected to you page with keys on it. assuming it was registered. not sure how that works w/ the contests

11. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    ah, that explains it. hope the upgrade discount it good =)

12. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    Brilliant !!!

Thrilled I qualify for the upgrade :)

Must say, I am pleasantly surprised that the upgrade has been one available so soon after initial announcement. Good job NIK.

13. sprinke

sprinke Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena, CA
    Debi
    I didn't realize I needed to register, but I have done so now and got my upgrade key. Thanks.