1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Color Efex Crashing Lightroom and Photoshop

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by caimi, Dec 8, 2013.

1. caimi

caimi Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 13, 2012
    middle US
    Caimi caimiphotography.com
    This is a question for the computer geeks. I have been using NIK Color Efex for several months without problem. Then, shortly after I installed a different color software program, Color Efex started crashing when I try to use it in either Lightroom or Photoshop. None of the other NIK programs crash and neither does the other color software, just Color Efex. There must be a fix for this. Any suggestions?

2. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I have used ink software support twice... before and after Google acquisition. They have always been helpful and responsive. I recommend contacting them.

What other color application did you install?

Have you tried to apply the latest updates?

Reinstalling color efex an option?

Sent from mobile.... excuse my typos

3. caimi

caimi Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 13, 2012
    middle US
    Caimi caimiphotography.com
    The other software is Alien Skin Exposure 5 - brilliant software by the way.

I downloaded the latest updates - same problem with Color Efex only.

I contacted NIK, they said download the latest updates. See above.

I may try reinstalling color efex. Very frustrated.

Thanks.

4. bigboysdad

bigboysdad Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 25, 2013
    Sydney/ London
    I wonder if it's the version your using? I had this same problem until I updated the latest versions from Google and so far no problems.

5. 50orsohours

50orsohours Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 13, 2013
    Portland Oregon
    Happened to me too with another program installed and once I closed LR and reopened it worked. Also try to use any of the other ones like silver fx and see if that part works - it also seemed to fix the issue for me another time.