1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Coffee Roaster

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by michaeln, Jul 15, 2012.

1. michaeln

michaeln Guest

I was walking around shooting with the Panasonic Lumix 45-200 one morning trying to decide if I wanted to keep it. I had done some shots where I wasn't very pleased with the sharpness and was considering sending it back, so I spent the morning walking around and photographing ONLY with that lens..

About 1/2 block from my house I noticed the way the morning sun was illuminating the very interesting shapes and textures of a coffee roaster in a nearby coffee roastery shop, so I grabbed this shot.

After looking at it closely and cropping out a bunch of stuff to kind of simplify what is still a pretty busy image, I think I like this one. 1/320th f/5, 91mm, ISO 160. This was shot as a JPG which is very unusual for me, I normally shot only RAW.

coffee-roaster.
    DMC-GX1    ---    91mm    f/5.0    1/320s    ISO 160

2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Love fresh roasted coffee - wish I had a place down the road from my house!:rolleyes: 

3. snkenai

snkenai Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2010
    You captured the detail of a complicated piece of machinery, and that is no easy task.

4. Ossi

Ossi New to Mu-43

Feb 8, 2011
    Australia
    Nice shot, interesting to see a B&W conversion.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.