Coffee Roaster

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by michaeln, Jul 15, 2012.

1. michaeln

michaeln Guest

I was walking around shooting with the Panasonic Lumix 45-200 one morning trying to decide if I wanted to keep it. I had done some shots where I wasn't very pleased with the sharpness and was considering sending it back, so I spent the morning walking around and photographing ONLY with that lens..

About 1/2 block from my house I noticed the way the morning sun was illuminating the very interesting shapes and textures of a coffee roaster in a nearby coffee roastery shop, so I grabbed this shot.

After looking at it closely and cropping out a bunch of stuff to kind of simplify what is still a pretty busy image, I think I like this one. 1/320th f/5, 91mm, ISO 160. This was shot as a JPG which is very unusual for me, I normally shot only RAW.

2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Love fresh roasted coffee - wish I had a place down the road from my house!:rolleyes:
  3. snkenai

snkenai Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2010
    You captured the detail of a complicated piece of machinery, and that is no easy task.
  4. Ossi

Ossi New to Mu-43

Feb 8, 2011
    Nice shot, interesting to see a B&W conversion.