CNN's Travel Photography winners

Real Name
Andrew L
A number of these are waaay overprocessed to my eye, did anyone else notice that? The tea kettle woman in the window, the standing elephant in B&W, oppressive vignette on the incense bundles, and the Batwa tribesman with the obviously cranked up tonal contrast (see it in how the out of focus areas look). All of those would still have been terrific photos without the heavy handed processing.

Acraftman

Mu-43 All-Pro
A number of these are waaay overprocessed to my eye, did anyone else notice that? The tea kettle woman in the window, the standing elephant in B&W, oppressive vignette on the incense bundles, and the Batwa tribesman with the obviously cranked up tonal contrast (see it in how the out of focus areas look). All of those would still have been terrific photos without the heavy handed processing.
Tbh I moved my lap top back and forth because I thought it was my eyesight! I was surprised at the amount of processing in a juried competition but it brought to mind T N Args post about the trend towards this.

barry

Super Moderator
There's a larger set including the winners' other photos at https://www.tpoty.com/winners/

Multiple news sources are publishing this as if it were their own finest, including CNN and Forbes. Maybe they are all sponsors (the sponsors list won't scroll on my iPad, and the 'click to zoom' on the photos isn't working either).

Latest threads

Top Bottom