Cnicht and the Moelwyns at Dusk

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Mort, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Mort

Mort Mu-43 Regular

5336985842_caf2552814_b.

12 frame Panoramic taken this evening. Stitched in CS4, taken on GF1, 14-45mm lens @45mm, f16,, 100 ISO

Mark

• Like Like x 3
  2. Ben

Ben Mu-43 Regular

Apr 16, 2009
    London
    Loving these shots - we spend tons of time up in your neck of the woods. My wife's family have had a cottage in Tremadog since the '50s. Some of the most beautiful scenery (not Tremadog obviously!) in the world in and around Snowdonia.

• Like Like x 2
  3. AlanT

AlanT Mu-43 Regular

Feb 8, 2010
    Perth, Scotland
    Nice shot, lovely golden light, makes me wish I was out in the hills at the moment.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

Lovely. Brings back happy memories of lots of visits to Wales when I was a child.

All the best,

Colin

5. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Beautiful and nicely stitched.

6. Pelao

Pelao Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 3, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Great work. Would make a nice print.
    the light is wonderful.
    Just a thought: might it also look good in B&W?

7. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Interesting that this was shot at 45mm and not 14mm. But it works wonderfully at 45mm. If I ever get into stitching I shall remember that long works as well as wide. Good job and a very nice image.

Gary

8. Mort

Mort Mu-43 Regular

Thank you guys for comments.

@ Gary, I shot at 45 in portrait mode to lessen distortion and ease stitching. Ive found in the past shooting at longer lengths lessens stitching defects and shows less faults.
    Saying this, this picture isnt entirely perfect, was very windy when I was taking it so the grasses are very blurry in areas.

Thanks for all your comments, Ben if you'r ever in the area give me a shout, i'm only a few miles away.

Here it is in B&W

5338850704_bb1768c481_b.

BTW, I am going to print this one, and a few others I will be working on to print a series about the area.

Mark

• Like Like x 1
  9. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    I'd do a Last Supper with that one and cover an entire wall.

Gary

10. Ben

Ben Mu-43 Regular

Apr 16, 2009
    London
    Cheers - I might just do that! We're up there quite a lot.

There are some shots here taken in 2009 (with a Canon 5D - shhhh - don't tell anyone round here) in and around the area:

North Wales, 2009 - a set on Flickr