Clothing for wildlife photography ?

Digivolt

New to Mu-43
Hi, I'm in the market for a jacket with winter on it's way for some wildlife photography and wondering what you are all using ? What I'm looking for needs to have good breathability and be waterproof and probably Khaki Green (are greys okay for wildlife ?) and with a little optional space for a fleece. Also any recs for some pants, pref waterproof ?

PhotoCal

Mu-43 Veteran
I favor Columbia gear.
But you need to use layers: thermal shirt, t-shirt, sweatshirt then a outer shell (you may want a rain cover or not).
The layering gives you the ability to add or shed layers depending on the weather.

You definitely want some earth tones on all your clothing, including your hat.

I also carry a big orange safety vest. There have been times I've been on trails during hunting season.

I also always have a whistle/lanyard around my neck. It's a good survival tool.

Green, brown, grey, black. Hunting season = orange vest.
I use Arcertyx Gamma with a Beta LT shell. I can even put a down coat over. Rain pants, too, same brand. Pricey, but I'm in the middle of nowhere so survival first.
Helley Hansen makes lower price equivalents I've liked.

Digivolt

New to Mu-43
Thanks for the replies, I've been on an endless hunt since I posted this thread trying to find something suitable but it's really difficult to find something that's in my budget, is the right colour & size, is actually in stock and gets good reviews. I've managed to nail it down to either a Outdoor Research Foray, a Marmot minimalist or a North Face Dryzzle all in my price range (I really wanted a ME Lhotse Jacket but no joy on finding stock in the right colour at current sales prices) and all get good reviews so now it's a case of choosing which one. Arcteryx I had considered as they get great reviews but nothing on the sales at the moment and I really need something now so don't really want to wait for one to possibly maybe go on sale and even then it may not be the right colour or size that does.

Stanga

Mu-43 All-Pro
Have a look in an angling shop, even if it's at their online website. Anglers tend to wear camouflage gear that is warm in winter, water repellent, has loads of pockets, and can withstand mud etc. I have one of them. Bought more than ten years ago, but it's still in good condition.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom