1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Clifton Cameras or Digital Depot in the UK??

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by scho047, Aug 21, 2013.

1. scho047

scho047 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 20, 2013
    Hi all,

Has anyone used Clifton Cameras or Digital Depot in the UK to purchase cameras? I am hoping to get a new m43 camera from them but just wanted to get some personal feedback from you all if you had experienced them.

Cheers

2. arad85

arad85 Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 16, 2012
    I've used Clifton in the past. Only a single purchase, but I was very happy with the transaction. Not had to return anything, so no visibility of their after sales.

3. Johnny_Alucard

Johnny_Alucard Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 28, 2013
    I've used Clifton once, but only via an online order so I can't comment on their customer service. Got the camera next day though, and at an excellent price, so I was happy :)

4. scho047

scho047 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 20, 2013
    Excellent! thanks for those positive feedback and assurance!
    I actually just made pre-order on m43 camera! after having reviewed their reputations and actually having spoken to them over the phone....
    appears to be clued on and know what they are talking about!

just have to hope it arrives when it is finally announced and have it delivered to me...!!!

i initially had discussed with digital depot to order one through but was not able to find as many reviews... nor track record (not trying to sound negative) as i am sure they are good but for my own sanity and assurance, i have decided to go with ones that have been given good reviews by others to date....

more feedback would be much appreciated!!

5. Robstar1963

Robstar1963 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 10, 2011
    Isle of Wight England UK
    Robert (Rob)
    Ive used Clifton in the past without problems
    Recommended
    Regards
    Rob

6. dogs100

dogs100 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 12, 2011
    N Devon UK
    Geoff
    Nothing beats a bricks and mortar and I am lucky that I have a good one close, but I used Clifton once for a 'difficult to find' item and they were first class.

7. Snickers

Snickers New to Mu-43

Aug 19, 2013
    Talking of Bricks and Mortar - I would highly recommend SRS Microsystems in Watford - awesome service.

8. scho047

scho047 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 20, 2013
    thanks a lot for your comments so far, it is relieving to know that Clifton Cameras is a good and reliable outfit!
    I was initially looking at purchasing it from either Park or WEX but Clifton and Digital Depot was offering a better deal than the others... and hence went with Clifton...
    If I lived near by, I would have ordered and gone there to pick it up directly but it is not possible nor is the model I have got is out yet!! so just have to wait for it to be delivered in due course!

9. Robstar1963

Robstar1963 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 10, 2011
    Isle of Wight England UK
    Robert (Rob)
    +1
    Have used SRS many times
    Very helpful and friendly staff and frequently have good offers
    Rob