Clematis

Discussion in 'Nature' started by JoeG, Apr 21, 2010.

1. JoeG

JoeG Mu-43 Regular

My new G1! Polarizing filter, otherwise straight from the camera. I was a little worried about comments I heard that Panasonic jpegs needed work and it was best to shoot in RAW, which I eventually will.

But for now, I couldn't be happier with what I've got. And the articulated screen and evf exactly suit my way of working. I like to line things up and compose; except when the grandkids are around, I'm the opposite of a snapshooter, and you can use the G1 almost like a view camera!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/58485976@N00/4540781455/in/set-72157623780048571/

2. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer Charter Member

Yeah Joe, i really wouldn't worry about the slightly lower quality of the jpeg images. I tried a few the other day in raw and then did a conversion to jpeg in iphoto and there really isn't much difference in what i could see. Unless you're a pixel fanatic and print images up to A3 you'll be fine. The only difference i could see is that the iphoto converted images were slightly lighter than the in camera jpegs, but the in camera jpegs had better contrast imho.

Anyway it's up to you, but for me i'm switching back to jpeg.

icon

• Like Like x 2