1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Cleaning kit for OM-D

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Ted, Oct 11, 2014.

1. Ted

Ted Mu-43 Regular

Oct 10, 2014
    Tasmania, Australia
    Theo B
    Hey guys, what sort of cleaning kit are you all using for your cameras? I remember reading somewhere that you should *never* clean the sensor on OM-D's yourself as it can disrupt the image stabilizer.. is this true? Does this even including just blowing air on it with one of those air-blowing things? I also remember reading once that you need a specific form of microfiber cloth for cleaning yours lens, but again I have no idea if this is true or not. What should I be buying for simple, at home cleaning? Thanks!

2. JimUSNY

JimUSNY Mu-43 Regular

Nov 5, 2013
    Mid Hudson Valley NY
    Jim
    I wouldn't mess with cleaning the sensor unless you know what your doing, I never had a problem using a blower on it though, and dont recall reeve having anything on any of my Oly sensors that affected a pic, the cleaning systems is pretty darn good... if you bought the extended warranty it does include a free cleaning.. but they also clean them when sent ion for any repair, so dont waste the free one.. figure when my warranty gets near ending I will send mine in if i keep it that long, or if I sell it send it in just before.. that being said there are a few videos on you tube that show you how to do it correctly

3. Ted

Ted Mu-43 Regular

Oct 10, 2014
    Tasmania, Australia
    Theo B
    So you just recommend something for the lens then? Are those LensPen things any good?

4. cgomez

cgomez Mu-43 Regular

Dec 17, 2013
    Lens pen, dust blower, makeup brush, and microfiber cloth is all I use.

Buy this for $8 and call it a day.

5. Ted

Ted Mu-43 Regular

Oct 10, 2014
    Tasmania, Australia
    Theo B
    Thanks, unfortunately they won't ship that to Australia though! Will look on eBay for something similar :)

6. Aushiker

Aushiker Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 12, 2014
    Fremantle, Western Australia
    Andrew
    I have just ordered a packet of Photographic Solutions PEC-PAD 100x100mm lens cleaning wipes and a bottle of Photographic Solutions ECLIPSE based on recommendations elsewhere. I got them on eBay from vanbarauctions [Aussie seller] and I think I will get a Giottos Rocket Air Professional Cleaning System from Mainline Photographics. The Giottos Rocket blowers have a filter in them and I believe other quality blowers are the same. I am not keen on a cheap eBay one.

Andrew