Cleaning kit for OM-D

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Ted, Oct 11, 2014.

1. Ted

Ted Mu-43 Regular

Oct 10, 2014
    Tasmania, Australia
    Theo B
    Hey guys, what sort of cleaning kit are you all using for your cameras? I remember reading somewhere that you should *never* clean the sensor on OM-D's yourself as it can disrupt the image stabilizer.. is this true? Does this even including just blowing air on it with one of those air-blowing things? I also remember reading once that you need a specific form of microfiber cloth for cleaning yours lens, but again I have no idea if this is true or not. What should I be buying for simple, at home cleaning? Thanks!

2. JimUSNY

JimUSNY Mu-43 Regular

Nov 5, 2013
    Mid Hudson Valley NY
    Jim
    I wouldn't mess with cleaning the sensor unless you know what your doing, I never had a problem using a blower on it though, and dont recall reeve having anything on any of my Oly sensors that affected a pic, the cleaning systems is pretty darn good... if you bought the extended warranty it does include a free cleaning.. but they also clean them when sent ion for any repair, so dont waste the free one.. figure when my warranty gets near ending I will send mine in if i keep it that long, or if I sell it send it in just before.. that being said there are a few videos on you tube that show you how to do it correctly

3. Ted

Ted Mu-43 Regular

Oct 10, 2014
    Tasmania, Australia
    Theo B
    So you just recommend something for the lens then? Are those LensPen things any good?

4. cgomez

cgomez Mu-43 Regular

Dec 17, 2013
    Lens pen, dust blower, makeup brush, and microfiber cloth is all I use.

Buy this for $8 and call it a day.

5. Ted

Ted Mu-43 Regular

Oct 10, 2014
    Tasmania, Australia
    Theo B
    Thanks, unfortunately they won't ship that to Australia though! Will look on eBay for something similar :)

6. I have just ordered a packet of Photographic Solutions PEC-PAD 100x100mm lens cleaning wipes and a bottle of Photographic Solutions ECLIPSE based on recommendations elsewhere. I got them on eBay from vanbarauctions [Aussie seller] and I think I will get a Giottos Rocket Air Professional Cleaning System from Mainline Photographics. The Giottos Rocket blowers have a filter in them and I believe other quality blowers are the same. I am not keen on a cheap eBay one.

Andrew

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.