Classy cars

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Iansky, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    We attended an event last weekend and there were some nice cars present, the red Morgan3 is a modern version of the original.

Morgan_3.

Nice old Bentley

Bentley.

Beautiful old MG sports car

MG.

2. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    I love the Morgan trike! Thanks for sharing.

3. Wizard Steve

Wizard Steve Mu-43 Regular

Feb 10, 2013
    Provence, France
    David Ricketts
    I was driving behind a mint Mercedes 300SL Roadster today. That's three quarters of a million dollars worth of car!

Wish I'd been able to take some shots.

4. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Love all 3 of 'em! :2thumbs:

5. sam_colbear

sam_colbear Mu-43 Regular

Apr 8, 2013
    Nice shots. What lens where you using as I'm off to a car show in a couple of weeks and looking to take some similar pictures

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

6. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Thanks all for the feedback, you can see the rest of the car shots from the day and images of people at the link below:
    571 Photography

I did take these at various times of the day as cars were arriving and leaving.

I took 3 lenses only to the event, all primes (25mm f1.5 / 45mm f1.8 / 75mm f1.8) and set myself time frames for using each lens as it makes me think more about images / composition / moving and getting the best results.

Without looking at the original Exif, I am not sure which lens took what but think no.1 was with the 45, no.2 with the 75 and no.3 with the 25mm - it was great to use primes as they have always been my lenses of choice over zooms and the quality of image from these with the OMD is superb (especially when viewing the 16 bit Tiff export from OV3 that is around 95mb!!), they certainly can match those from my D700 and my X100 so no complaints from me.

I am still drooling over the 12mm f2 but alas, it is still beyond my pocket and no kit currently to trade in (except the Oly 12-50) so will have to save my pennies & wait - I do not want the 17mm as that is too close to my X100.

7. sam_colbear

sam_colbear Mu-43 Regular

Apr 8, 2013
    Thanks for the reply Ian.

Am thinking of the 45mm f1.8 as my next purchase hence wanting to find out what lenses you were using.

thanks again

Sam

8. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Sam,

The 45 F1.8 is a stunning lens and delivers top IQ.

A few seem put off as it is plastic but it is well made, affordable and really does deliver outstanding images.

A very worthy addition to any kit