1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Classic SLR stylings

Discussion in 'This or That? (MFT only)' started by HappyEisentrout, Mar 30, 2011.

1. HappyEisentrout

HappyEisentrout Mu-43 Regular

Mar 6, 2011
    Sandusky, OH
    I'm not sure if this thread has been started or not, I didn't even know what to search for. I was just sitting here sipping my coffee when I looked over to my shelf and saw my E-PL1 and my Minolta SRT 101 next too each other. With the love for the retro body that the X100 is receiving, how long before we see a M4/3 camera with a vintage 35mm SLR look?

The body can receive a slight scaling down, replace the optical viewfinder with an EVF, use the classic fonts. The camera could be gorgeous. $1000 sounds about right to maybe bump up the MP's, some more art filters, more options. I would love to see this happen and if it does, I hope they don't plaster logos all over it like the GF2 or the Oly XZ-1.

2. aw614

aw614 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 19, 2011
    I always thought with the leather wrap around the body of an EP1, sort of gave it a classic SLR look to it

• Like Like x 1
  3. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    While I liked to see the old Pen "F" logo return on a lens cap, I wish they'd marked the new series more like the old.

4. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Damn my impulse buying. :redface:

5. registered99

registered99 New to Mu-43

Apr 5, 2011
    Just too bad no way to have it on with USB caps working

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.