Classic mood photographic event

jrsilva

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Jaime Silva
Hello.

Here are a few ones from a recent photo event organised and produced by a local photographic group.

The event took place in an old portuguese palace that was once the king's main mail man residence.

Cameras used:
Olympus OMD EM5 MK2
OMD EM10 MK2.

Lenses used:
Olympus M.Zuiko 45mm f/1.8
75mm f/1.8
Panasonic-Leica 25mm f/1.4

I've used mainly natural light on outdoor photos and a Godox TT685o speed light on the interior shots and a few outdoor ones as a fill light.
I've bounced light with a large white card.

Edition started on Lightroom and then final edition in Photoshop.

I hope you like them.
The photos, not only the models :)

View attachment 689434
Heloísa by Jaime Silva, on Flickr

View attachment 689435
Joana by Jaime Silva, on Flickr

30776641547_121f9e9f91_c.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
View attachment 689436

View attachment 689437

View attachment 689438
Beatriz by Jaime Silva, on Flickr

View attachment 689439
Hazel by Jaime Silva, on Flickr

43688419790_d5aa6513be_c.jpg

Heloísa by Jaime Silva, on Flickr

View attachment 689440
Liliana by Jaime Silva, on Flickr

45666242222_637a0d0248_c.jpg
Liliana by Jaime Silva, on Flickr

Last edited:

gnarlydog australia

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Damiano Visocnik
I like this series because it includes enough contextual background to tell a story while still not being distracting and letting isolate the model.
The warm soft light (edit) suits the theme.
I clicked and went over to Flickr to see them better: the M.Zuiko 75/1.8 renders best to my liking with its signature bokeh where the highlights show like a soft double edge reminiscent of older optical designs

jrsilva

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Jaime Silva
I like this series because it includes enough contextual background to tell a story while still not being distracting and letting isolate the model.
The warm soft light (edit) suits the theme.
I clicked and went over to Flickr to see them better: the M.Zuiko 75/1.8 renders best to my liking with its signature bokeh where the highlights show like a soft double edge reminiscent of older optical designs

Glad you liked.
Yes the M.Zuiko 75 is now a must have in my bag.
I end up using it in places and situations were in the past I've never thought about using 150mm of FD.

Alberta Dave

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Dave
Really cool pictures TFS. The settings and the models look perfect and exude an air of extravagance that seems to fit pictures well. I have the 75mm too and probably should use it more than I do. I like the fact that the backgrounds do not compete with the models for attention and the pictures are processed very well and suit the theme very well.

ean10775

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Eric
Nicely done. The consistency in light balance and color treatment between the indoor and outdoor photos is impressive.

rfaucher

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Rob Faucher
Very nice work and I really like the classic sense of aesthetics and beauty captured in these photos.

One of the things I like about this site is we get see great images from some very talented people. It's nice to see people using their gear instead of debating and complaining about their cameras on gear themed sites, like the ones which have Rumors in the title. It shows that all that bitching and moaning means nothing; people should be learning about how to use light and composition first, then we get to see more fine images like yours.

Jeffcs

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Nice stuff I wish I was there
I have the 45-1.2 I’d like to see how they match up other than the focal length different

jrsilva

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Jaime Silva
Thank you guys!
I really appreciate your comments :)

One of the things I like about this site is we get see great images from some very talented people. It's nice to see people using their gear instead of debating and complaining about their cameras on gear themed sites, like the ones which have Rumors in the title. It shows that all that bitching and moaning means nothing; people should be learning about how to use light and composition first, then we get to see more fine images like yours.

Yes, I agree 100% with you.
People should go out more and take pictures and not concerning all the time with gear.
I'm aware of my gear limitations (I feel those limitations from time to time), but I try to get the best possible of my gear and learn how to overcome, or compensate, those limitations.

Jeffcs

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Some time take 1 non zoom lens out with you and shoot just that lens it forces you to “see” better. I started photography journey with a Canon and a 50mm lens only.

Hal Knowles

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Hal
Truly a stellar set @jrsilva! Your lighting and composition is exquisite and very inspiring. As others have said, these images make me want to go out an make art with my gear. Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing with our community!

jrsilva

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Jaime Silva
Truly a stellar set @jrsilva! Your lighting and composition is exquisite and very inspiring. As others have said, these images make me want to go out an make art with my gear. Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing with our community!

Glad you liked and feel inspired by my photography.
Thank you for your kind words!

Latest threads

Top Bottom