1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Classic car show

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by muzza, Sep 17, 2012.

1. muzza

muzza Mu-43 Regular

Sep 17, 2012
    Shot with Helios 44-2 58mm on Panasonic GF3

New to all this only had it about a month.
    P1030529ed.JPG

P1030557ed.

P1030643ed.

P1030673ed.

P1030511ed.

P1030544ed.

Thanks for looking

Muzza

Comments welcomed - but probably not appreciated LOL

• Like Like x 3
  2. littleMT

littleMT Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 8, 2012
    Lucille Sanchez
    I like your shots, though the framing could have been better, as pieces of the autos are cutoff/not framed...

but i still like them..

3. muzza

muzza Mu-43 Regular

Sep 17, 2012
    Yeah due to lack of space could hardly get around the cars.

Some of the shots I am nearly leaning on cars behind, and seeing how much some of these things cost was careful not to even touch them.

Thank you for your kind words.

Muzza

4. littleMT

littleMT Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 8, 2012
    Lucille Sanchez
    this is why the panny 14mm is so valuable for these type of shots, one it allows for some incredible angles and one is able to capture the entire car in spite of the crowd and space......

but this is my preference, not saying its the only way, its the way for me though.

[​IMG]

lemay-23.

5. muzza

muzza Mu-43 Regular

Sep 17, 2012
    Nice shots, just trying out maual lens..... cheap as chips here in the uk. My Helios cost me £25 and just ordered a Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar 50mm £20 (hopefully arrives tomorrow). Maybe test me a bit more by having to use a manual lens.

Love the fact that I have such a small DSLR in effect!!!

6. littleMT

littleMT Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 8, 2012
    Lucille Sanchez
    sounds like you are having tons of fun..... good luck and keep on shooting and sharing with us...

7. muzza

muzza Mu-43 Regular

Sep 17, 2012
    I will thank you.

See your have shots in NM... You from there??? have a friend in Albuquerque (sorry if its spelt wrong) been there once loved it..... Damn it was hot there. Lucky you if you do live there I have to put up with wind, rain, snow and hail and thats just the summer.....

Thanks for taking the time to offer advice.

Off to Ireland this week so hopefully have some more pics next week.

Muzza.

8. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Great job for being new!
    If I may be so bold, I'd like to say that with a 58mm focal length, you might be better suited to shoot parts of the cars/bikes and not necessarily try to frame the whole thing. (You don't necessarily need a wide lens to shoot vehicles/motorcycles)

See? :smile:

7172583667_db282d7e3e.
    Rare 1921 Luxury Ford Model T by RedTail_Panther, on Flickr

7275366358_63efaac7ae.
    5.4L Supercharged 725HP Ford Mustang Cobra by RedTail_Panther, on Flickr

5688169267_822b19d75f.
    P4290440 - '1950s Ford Crestline Skyliner' by RedTail_Panther, on Flickr

9. muzza

muzza Mu-43 Regular

Sep 17, 2012
    You can be so bold. Thanks for the advice joined so I can learn. Lovely pics by the way.

Muzza

10. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
  11. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Nice to see fine old machines like these - thanks!

12. muzza

muzza Mu-43 Regular

Sep 17, 2012
    Wow that one of the tyre is so different even better that you can see its been used. Awesome shot. Was on mflenses but I'm just not in their league when it comes to photography. And am hoping none of you take this the wrong way cost so far you all seem very nice. I wanted to join a forum that was more for the amateur who just wants to go out and shoot. I mean that in the nicest way truly. So please no one take offence. People on mf would criticise me for being slightly out on the subject matter.

13. Jaffa1975

Jaffa1975 Mu-43 Regular

May 26, 2012
    The colors look great from that lens, nice to see shots from a GF3 too, I'm a GF3 user also and we don't get many shots added..

14. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Look,
    You're doing much better than I did right out of the gate :smile:

15. spinyman

spinyman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 19, 2010
    San Diego
    Nice shots,muzza,and, have to say, I wasn't aware of mflenses.So, thanks for that.There can never be too many car pics, in my opinion, so keep taking them.
    Nice pics,RTPanther,littleMT!

16. muzza

muzza Mu-43 Regular

Sep 17, 2012
    To be fair they have been edited, only sharpened and contrasted. Wow you lot are so nice.

17. muzza

muzza Mu-43 Regular

Sep 17, 2012
    Yeah mflenses is good and some fabulous shots on their but be warned if your amateur like me you will feel it so prepare for criticism. There will be honesty in a nice way but they are all seriously good on it.