City of the Arts, Valencia Spain

SteveAdler

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I've been living in this city of 1 million people for about six months. It's an old Roman city built about 2000 years ago that today has the largest deep water port in the Mediterranean. Life is a bit slower than New York. Weather is consistently excellent. We get some rain for a few days every month or two, but no snow. Architecture is a mix between some Roman ruins, some 15th Century structures, many 18th and 19th Century, and some early 20th Century buildings that remind me of Buenos Aires. Alongside all those older buildings is the fantasy architecture of the City of the Arts, designed by Santiago Calatrava and Félix Candela in 1998. It combines an Opera House, Imax Theatre, Science Museam, Conference Facility, Bridge, Aquarium, all surrounded by pools, collonades, and massive open public space. It is a place I come back to over and over again to photograph in different light and weather conditions and each time it seems to have a different personality.

Here are some of the photos I have taken here so far. The first is an 8 shot panorama taken with the Olympus 50-200 SWD
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

_SBA2324 - _SBA2329_blended_fused.jpg
_SBA2732 - _SBA2739.jpg
_SBA2718_02.jpg
_SBA2793 - _SBA27960002.jpg
_SBA0199.jpg
_SBA2251.jpg
_SBA2189_02.jpg
_SBA2316 - _SBA2317.jpg
_SBA2198 - _SBA2201_blended_fused_01.jpg
P9070204.jpg
P9070151.jpg
P9070293.jpg
PA303391.jpg
_SBA3358.jpg
P9070115.jpg

Last edited:

SteveAdler

Mu-43 Top Veteran
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Beautiful photos of amazing architecture. Where are the people? Perfect timing or Photoshop skills?
I took some of those photos at night, some with long exposures to blend the people out, and some during the lockdown when there were no people outside. But if you look closely you can see some people in the wide angle landscapes... in the distance.

Cederic

Mu-43 Top Veteran
The final one is superb. If you haven't already, write to the architects and ask if they'd like to use it.

(The rest are good too) :)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom