City Hall, Dearborn, Michigan

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by RonSmith, Aug 13, 2010.

1. RonSmith

RonSmith Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 7, 2010
    ... or "Why I carry a camera when I go to depositions"

GF1 and 7-14/4.0

• Like Like x 3
  2. PeterB666

PeterB666 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    Fabulous form captured beautifully. Great work.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Bullfrog

Bullfrog Mu-43 Top Veteran

Absolutely. Those are excellent!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hey Ron, you did a good job of showing off the abstract architectural design. The 1st one makes me feel as if i'm falling doooooowwwwwnnnnn. I like it.:thumbup:
    • Like Like x 1
  5. RonSmith

Apr 7, 2010
    Thanks! I felt the same way taking the shot. I suppose that's the hallmark of a successful image.
  6. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Wow! Excellent, Ron!:bravo-009:

I must ask - do you ever have anyone ask you about what you're doing when you take photos like these during your lawyerly duties?

P.S. I was just looking at these via your Flickr account - and the setting there shows them off even better, especially with the new way Flickr allows one to click on the magnifying glass icon and see the photograph on black. Great images, Ron - they look stunning.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. RonSmith

Apr 7, 2010
    Thank you BB. Oddly enough, several people noticed me yesterday taking pictures in the building, and no one said anything other than hello. I suppose it's evident what I'm doing; sometimes people ask why I'm doing it.

Last year, I had taken my G1 with me when I went to case evaluation in downtown Detroit, which is held on the 15th floor of an office building. In between a couple hearings, I went around the suite taking photos out different windows. That produced some strange comments and a few decent images ...

• Like Like x 1
  8. deirdre

deirdre Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 9, 2010
    Amazing staircase photos!

I love architectural element photos. After I returned from Ephesus, I realized that all I had were miscellaneous pictures of architectural elements and very few of the larger picture of the site -- but it was raining and cold, and that no doubt influenced my choices.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. ajramirez

ajramirez Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 16, 2010
    Caguas, Puerto Rico

The staircase pictures are all great, but I particularly like no. 3. Bravo.

• Like Like x 1
  10. RonSmith

Apr 7, 2010
    Thanks everyone. Here is one more I just processed.