Circular Polarizers on m4/3

Chuckr53

Mu-43 Regular
Is it just me, or is anyone else having difficulty using their CP with the electronic viewfinders/LCD? While I was using a 4/3 body with optical vf, I had no difficulty at all. So I know they work on digital cameras. But with the electronic viewfinder or the lcd, the effect is so visibly subtle I can barely discern when the CP is cutting the glare. I used to tell on optical vf, by a distinct darkening of the blue sky. But I cannot see that through the electronic vf. Anyone have some helpful advice?

Thanks

RT_Panther

Mu-43 Legend
Agreed it's tough to tell through the VF-2 the differences in poloarization in comparison with my SLR & my DSLR...

addieleman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Ad
I've noticed too that the polarizer seems to do less in an electronic VF. My guess is that an optical viewfinder darkens and brightens the various parts of the image while rotating the polarizer whereas an electronic viewfinder compensates the average loss of brightness as a whole so you only see differences between the various parts of the image. It took me some getting used to, but now it's not an issue anymore.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom