Cinematic/street photos of Wellington

penWS

Mu-43 Regular
I took some random shots in the city while walking home, all with the Olympus 45mm 1.8. I thought about doing something different with them and decided to create a 'cinematic' effect, as I thought that would add a bit of interest.:biggrin: I'm pretty new to street photography, comments and critics welcome! Cheers.

'25 minutes from home'

'The park'

'Running out of time'

'Old friends'

'Rush hour'

fransglans

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
gus
Absolutely terrific! The photos strongest point besides the tasty pp is the well balanced composition... except nr 4;)
Inspiring to watch!

Rick Waldroup

Mu-43 Veteran
These are very cool. I think you pulled off the cinematic feel extremely well. That first shot, especially, looks like a movie still. Great stuff.

penWS

Mu-43 Regular
Absolutely terrific! The photos strongest point besides the tasty pp is the well balanced composition... except nr 4;)
Inspiring to watch!
Thanks for the feedback, what should I do to make it better? Perhaps get closer/compose the group in the middle? Cheers..

penWS

Mu-43 Regular
These are very cool. I think you pulled off the cinematic feel extremely well. That first shot, especially, looks like a movie still. Great stuff.
Thanks! I wasn't expecting such positive feedback for my first attempts at street photography.:smile:

fransglans

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
gus
Thanks for the feedback, what should I do to make it better? Perhaps get closer/compose the group in the middle? Cheers..
That guy to the left ruins the photo. Clone him away and everything is just fine:)

Bokeaji

Gonzo's Dad O.*
i love this, i remember when Kelly was doing a lot of this type of stuff, and i could never get it to look right on my end! bah to you both! :D lol

i wonder if theres some stupidly easy way to add the photo onto a black background, is there an automatic thingy for that???

Bokeaji

Gonzo's Dad O.*
the only bad thing i can think to say, for cc, is that some of the people seem cut off at the legs in an awkward place. either less body, or more body. i know this could be difficult to frame since you have to mentally estimate how much will get chopped later on.

Top Bottom