Real Name
Karen
I just won this kit on eBay (for $100 including shipping) and I am about to attempt my first camera lens rehab as both lenses are frozen up. The third smaller lens is an Ektar 25mm f/1.9 that I bought locally a few weeks ago. It is stiff too so I will give it a good clean as well.

This thread, Kodak Anastigmat 50mm/1.6 rehab, has lots of good info but it's a different Kodak lens. Is there anything else I should know before I precede? For grease I was going to use some synthetic silicone based brake grease with a temperature range from -50F to 550F. Is that right? Any other advice is appreciated. I will document my rehab here for other newbies like me.

As far as I can tell all the filters are for the Anastigmat 25 mm f/1.9 that was the proper third lens of the set but it is probably still on the camera, where ever that is :). Too bad as the filters don't fit on my Ektar 25mm f/1.9. Maybe someone can correct me if I am wrong and there is an adapter I don't know about. The "extra" lens cap fits on the back of both of the telephoto lenses. There is no cap for the 6" lens but I am lucky to have both the hoods for the telephoto lenses, so no complaints.

My c-mount adapters are in the mail, alas no progress yet on my adapters. Can't wait to try these on my GX85.
Karen

E_1070124.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:

Patrick Donnelly

Mu-43 Rookie
Are these C mounts? They will have an adapter for the native S mount bayonet that allows C mount connection. costs $35 or more. It all adds up!

Real Name
Karen
Yes they do add up. Some people epoxy the lenses to C mount adapters and that is cheap. For now I am swapping my S mount lenses on two adapters and that works for me because I often shoot with just one lens on an outing.

gnarlydog australia

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Damiano Visocnik
I have my share of Kodak Cine lenses. Some came to me in perfect working order but most did not.

The grease on many helicoids has solidified over the years and needs to be removed. The disassembly of the helicoid is not super difficult but somebody that is not mechanically inclined might find it a bit difficult to reassemble. It took me a few tries on some to get the infinity mark in the right spot.
I used very light grease as the tolerances on these lenses is very fine (high quality machining)

About filters.
I believe some are available but hard to source. the ones I found were all vintage.
What I did is get a generic step-up filter adapter (let's say 37mm to 43mm) and then epoxy glue it to the end of the lens's hood.
If I need, one day I can remove it with a bit of heat from a hot hair drier.

About adapter.
Commercial ones exist to go from S-mount (Kodak propriety of the most Kodak Cine lenses like the 63mm and the 102mm) to C-mount (C-mount to M43 are easy to find and cheap) but most of my lenses came with a M-mount bayonet.
One can Dremel out a C-mount adapter and then JB-Weld the M-mount adapter of the lens. I had great success in doing that.

24847878050_086fa5ddb8_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Ektar on E-M1_c by gnarlydog, on Flickr

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom