Christmas Lights In Suburbia

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by MajorMagee, Dec 19, 2011.

1. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2011
    Dayton, OH
    The best display in our neighborhood

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    E-PL1 with 20mm at f1.7, 1/20 sec, ISO 1000

2. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Beautiful homes ....:smile:
    Expertly shot....:cool:

3. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    Oh, just wait until I get home...... :wink:

4. meyerweb

Sep 5, 2011
    OK, I shot all of these Saturday night. I was out with the family, who would have had no patience with me setting up a tripod, etc., so these are all hand held. As a result, even with IS, they don't hold up very well to pixel peeping, but at small sizes they're not too bad.

This one isn't too tacky:

Lights_11-12-17_3362.

This house is actually really cool. The entire, huge, yard is covered in lights, on the grass, on the trees, on the house, everywhere. The tree in the foreground, in red, is completely covered in red, blue and green lights. (The second shot shows it in blue.) The icicle lights on the eves are also in three colors. And they're all set to music, changing colors and turning on and off in sync to the tunes. There are also wire-frame deer (which I didn't capture) that light up in sequence to give the impression that they are leaping through the yard.

Lights_11-12-17_3383.

Lights_11-12-17_3389.

Lights_11-12-17_3394.

This one is also set to music:

Lights_11-12-17_3403.

Finally, there's the tackiest light display I've ever seen. Almost every square inch of yard and roof is filled with inflatables. There are lights all over the place, and candy canes hanging from every tree. They've even got a dancing Santa that moves like an extra from Night of the Living Dead. I think my favorite, though, is the inflatable Santa-in-an-outhouse. Very classy.

Lights_11-12-17_3368.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. JudyM

JudyM Mu-43 All-Pro

May 5, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Holy cow, it looks like an electrified "Where's Waldo?" You have to wonder what they're thinking, but then I'm not sure I'd want to know.

6. meyerweb

Sep 5, 2011
    You know, Waldo was probably in there, somewhere. I couldn't find him, though. :tongue: