Christmas/Holiday Music

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by Djarum, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Locally, radio stations are starting to play Christmas music. Its a little early for me usually, but I heard this rendetion of Silent Night I have never heard, and was blown away. I've always been a big fan of hers:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  2. 0dBm

0dBm Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 30, 2011
    Western United States
    Sarah has a marvelous voice. She hasn't done much lately; however, her pasts works have always impressed me with her sultry, soulful voice that seems to occupy even the very shallowest of lyrics and turn them into profound messages.

I have a personal preference for Diana Krall's renditions.

Radio stations began to play Christmas-themed music the day after Thanksgiving here in Southern California.:smile:
  3. IcemanYVR

IcemanYVR Mu-43 Regular

Nov 16, 2012
    Vancouver, BC
    Yes, she has a very beautiful voice and I'm a fan of her music. Plus, she's from Vancouver :smile:

I love that version of Silent Night, and currently resides on my iTunes Christmas Playlist.
  4. Vincen77o

Vincen77o Mu-43 Regular

Nov 3, 2012
    St. Albans, Herts
  5. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Oct 15, 2010
    I guess you won't be too happy in the Philippines - you'll see Christmas decors and hear Christmas songs as early as September 1. :biggrin: It's not really the commercial Christmas creep though -- it's more like the people eager to be in the holiday spirit early.
  6. fin azvandi

fin azvandi Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 12, 2011
    South Bend, IN
    I agree, her Christmas album is really great.

In another genre, if anyone wants something a little "different" for holiday tunes you really need to check out Where Will You Be Christmas Day [amazon link]. It's a collection of rare recordings from the 1910s-50s, many genres like blues, soul, gospel, mountain music, etc. It's definitely quirky, a lot of fun, and (to me) feels a lot more "authentic" than the mall-muzak Christmas tunes you hear everywhere.
  7. sdsyver

sdsyver Mu-43 Regular

Mar 14, 2012
    Northern Alberta
  8. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    [ame=]Silent Night- Lindsey Stirling - YouTube[/ame]