Christmas blues

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by spinyman, Dec 22, 2012.

1. spinyman

spinyman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 19, 2010
    San Diego
    It's not always sugarplum fairies.I took this a couple of nights ago, in the wee small hours of the morning.I imagine it's not going well.Or, perhaps it's just too late.
    E-M5,Pana 20mm,ISO 3200

• Like Like x 6
  2. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Interesting shot... a great slice of life. Sometimes it's hard to determine what's going through a person's mind despite what appears to be an obvious expression. Maybe they're discussing a friend or relative who's in a bad way. Maybe they're just comfortable enough together that they don't have to pretend they're in a good mood. Or it could be exactly as you suggest.
  3. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    I like a photo that suggests a story, but doesn't spell it all out. It leaves room for folks to read into it there own stories. Very well done. :thumbup:
  4. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Nice shot, and for their sake, I hope it's just a late night.

His body language is interesting, the way his hands are placed and head slightly tilted. Not seeing her face only adds to the mystery...because as we all know, it's what she thinks that counts (be honest guys and admit it) ;)

Nice one mate, I think a slightly tighter crop and B&W conversion would have worked as well here.
  5. spinyman

spinyman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 19, 2010
    San Diego
    Yes Rev, Biro,We don't really know the story,but I knew the shot suggested one.
    Liv,It was definitely late.Beyond that is a mystery.I tried to get a good result in black and white but it just didn't work.And I usually stick with monotone.I thought the rich color just worked better in this case.In fact, I tried just about everything on this one and after an hour went back to the original frame.No crop, no sharpening,no clarity, nothing.Sometimes you just overwork something and lose perspective.I'll try a little crop at your suggestion.Thanks.

• Like Like x 1