Choosing ART or SCN choices on E-PM1

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Hyun, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Hyun

Hyun Mu-43 Regular

Jan 20, 2012
    Hi all,

I'm having a heck of a time trying to change the ART or SCN settings on my E-PM1. According to p.12 of the PDF manual, once you're in the Top menu (Menu button), you use left or right button to choose ART or SCN, and press OK. The manual says:

"In SCN and ART modes, a menu will be displayed. Use up or down button to highlight options and press OK to select."

... except that when I press OK, it takes me back to live view, not menu where I can choose which Art filter or Scene to use.

Any ideas why I can't get this to work?

Also, my screen menu is set to SCP, and when I highlight the ART filter square, I can't manipulate it any way--pressing OK or INFO or any other button will do anything!

Thanks for any help.

2. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    I don't know about your art/scene seection problem, but as far as using SCP with these modes, all you have to do is press OK to pop up the Art/Scene menu, then press INFO to cycle to Super Control Panel and back to Live View.
  3. Hyun

Hyun Mu-43 Regular

Jan 20, 2012
    Argh, never mind, I figured out the problem. :) It was the Custom D menu, under Control settings--I had everything but SCP turned off.