Choosing a focus point when all are selected on E-M5 III

memzinla

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Hello,

On the E-M5 Mark III I tend to leave the focus points to "all" so that they are all selected. Sometimes I want to choose a focus point by moving the arrow pads. I'm able to do that on the E-M1 Mark III, but I can't find the way to enable on the E-M5 Mark III. Where is it? I know I can turn the wheel to choose an individual square, 3x3, or 5x5. I just got used to having them all appeared and just moving the arrows to choose a point if I need to.

Real Name
M@
Menu B, Button Function, go down to the Function with all four arrows shown, change it to the + looking setting (the only other choices are OFF or Direct Function).

Note, this won't let you assign the left/right or up/down arrow buttons around the OK button to other things. When shooting, hitting any of those four buttons brings up the focus selection grid, with the front dial being the focus area size, and the rear dial going through face priority settings. The arrow keys then switch to moving the focus selection point around on the display.

memzinla

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Thank you. :)

I guess that also works. I got so used to when having the "all targets" selected I could go to an individual rectangle by pressing the arrow buttons next to ok. I guess I could use my finger like you said. :)

In the E-M1 Mark III it's in the A2 menu.
Screen-Shot-2020-03-14-at-9-20-38-AM.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom