1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Choices

Discussion in 'This or That? (MFT only)' started by Alf, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    Almost decided: 90% it's for the GX1 for the sensor and the available darkness shooting, I'm just waiting for it to become available where I live.
    My 20/1.7 will be ready when it arrives.

This leaves me with this choice for new lens:

- The dynamic duo: Olympus 45/1.8 + Samyang 7.5/3.5
    - The monster: PanaLeica 25/1.4

Is the Leica so much better than the 20mm pancake, or I'll be happier with three happy lenses in my bag?

2. Adubo

Adubo SithLord

Nov 4, 2010
    Globetrotter
    Andrew
    Hi Alf. Since you have the 20mm, You should go for the dynamic duo. 40mm vs 50mm isnt that big of a deal (for me, it isnt) so having a 15mm FE and a 90mm 1.8 is a better choice.

A great UWA lens in the samyang, the highly regarded 20mm 1.7 for an all around lens and in my opinion the best bang for your buck m43 lens the 45/1.8 and youre all set to travel and shoot anywhere! (in a small kit too)

• Like Like x 1
  3. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    If you've already got the 20 and are happy with it, I wouldn't bother with the 25. The other lenses will give you much more flexibility than a second normal lens.

• Like Like x 1
  4. speltrong

speltrong Mu-43 Veteran

May 8, 2011
    Northern California
    Duo. The 20 is a fantastic lens, and it'd be better to have a variety of focal lengths rather than two that are so close in specs. I don't know about the Samyang, but I've read and heard glowing reviews about the 45.

• Like Like x 1