Chinook Lake, Alberta

jmacpix

Mu-43 Regular
A few pix from our week away camping at Chinook Lake in the Crowsnest Pass area of South Western Alberta...

Chinook_Lake002.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Chinook_Lake004.jpg

Chinook_Lake006.jpg

Chinook_Lake007.jpg

Chinook_Lake010.jpg

Chinook_Lake011.jpg

Chinook_Lake012.jpg

Crowsnest001.jpg

All shot with a GF1 a 14-45mm and a 20mm.

atom

Mu-43 Regular
Beautiful shots. I spent a couple winters in Fernie, a little west of the pass. I still remember driving down from Calgary to Fernie for the first time down to the 22 to #3. What a beautiful drive through the foothills and into the mountains. I had some white-knucklers driving through there in the winter too.

nmatheis

New to Mu-43
I agree that the third shot is great! Good job keeping the daisies from blowing-out.

I also really like your last shot. It has nice colors without being too exaggerated.

Did you have to do much PP on those photos?

My 3rd favorite is of the girls walking hand-in-hand - classic. I do have a suggestion, though - if I was taking that picture, I'd try holding the camera at waist-level so it'd be more around the girls' head-level to not only get the cute picture of them holding hands but also get an idea of what they're looking at as they hike along.

Ray Sachs

Super Moderator
Nice series - looks like a great trip. There are several well composed and executed shots in this group, but my favorite is the girls walking hand in hand from behind. In some ways it not the best photograph, but its so thoroughly human and touches me in a place the others don't. I remember my daughters being that age and your shot really brought that time and those memories back in a very sweet way. I get the comment about bringing the camera down to the girls' level, but OTOH, I like it the way it is. It's taken from the photographer's perspective and, in this case, rightfully from the father's perspective. That's how you see them most of the time (don't worry, they'll be up to camera height soon enough!) and keeping the perspective at your level I think works very well in this case.

-Ray

Locster

Mu-43 Regular
A very nice collection of landscape and family pics. I like the 3rd to last photo the most. It shows the scale and beauty of nature and adds a human touch.

Briar

Mu-43 Regular
Great pictures - thank you for sharing. My favourite is also the third picture, just love the way the daisies are leaning forward to be in the picture.

jmacpix

Mu-43 Regular
I agree that the third shot is great! Good job keeping the daisies from blowing-out.

I also really like your last shot. It has nice colors without being too exaggerated.

Did you have to do much PP on those photos?

My 3rd favorite is of the girls walking hand-in-hand - classic. I do have a suggestion, though - if I was taking that picture, I'd try holding the camera at waist-level so it'd be more around the girls' head-level to not only get the cute picture of them holding hands but also get an idea of what they're looking at as they hike along.

Thanks everyone for the great feed back!

Just the basic PP like cropping, levels, sharpening, a little dodging and burning.

I tried some lower angle stuff of the girls but the background was to cluttered, this one looked the cleanest. I also liked how the road looked never ending in this shot, kinda like they're journeying down the path of life together or something hokey like that...

Latest threads

Top Bottom